THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fight
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:50 pm 
Gers wrote:
Things are only intimidating if you let them intimidate you.

Rubbish. People have no control over what intimidates them unless they've had a rough upbringing or used to witnessing confrontation/fighting/aggressive drunks. Like I said, it's all relative. For you it might be nothing having grown up in the 70s/80s, but for the vast majority of fans these days that weren't regularly exposed to that, witnessing that type of behaviour isn't normal. Ofcourse most expect passionate fans, shouting and swearing at a match, but there's a line.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:54 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
Early Sunday morning hangover post.

While not condoning violence, I genuinely didn't see any trouble, either inside or outside the ground.

I'll be 56 this year. Which means that I've been to footy in the 60's, 70's, 80's etc, etc, etc... There was bound to be some idiots around yesterday. It's the law of averages. But did any of ours get hurt? No!

Believe me. We really don't have a bad element within our support. And also believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about. I've been to Parkhead, as a Rangers supporting child. My father used to take me and my sister to footy on the 60's as he had a theory that he'd be alright if he had kids with him. And he was.

So to summarise...

Some 14yr olds visited Asda before kickoff. Bought some cider. Drunk it. Which transported them into a Danny Dyer fantasy, and I dare say at least one of them uttered the phrase "You mug". It's the following morning. They'll be nursing hangovers worse than mine, and probably feel a tad foolish.

Storm in a tea cup. You should've tried talking to them.

Amusing anecdotes, but I disagree about us not having a "bad" element.. Every club's support has an element of support that enjoy confronting away supporters, stewards, police, getting pissed and intimidating other fans and passers by (whether intentionally or unintentionally), and we are no different.

Comparing us to Rangers or football in the 70s/80s isn't a fair comparison to make as football as a whole is very different to then, and even the worst elements of other clubs in the UK nowadays are not as bad as their counterparts from 30/40 years ago. Certainly abroad is different (Russia, eastern europe in particular). I too know what I'm talking about, but from a different perspective to you.

It's all relative. For those that experienced problems at football in the 80's, they have probably witnessed a lot worse and on a larger scale. But that doesn't mean for the average football fan going to football with his family that witnessing behavior like that to a lesser degree isn't intimidating or wrong.

I’m gonna put it out there that you cause trouble at games but want to pretend you hate that sort of thing so nobody suspects you.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:02 pm 
Alby wrote:
I’m gonna put it out there that you cause trouble at games but want to pretend you hate that sort of thing so nobody suspects you.

I'm glad that's out there I can relax now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:12 pm 

The problem I have with your observations being that I was actually there. Whereas you weren't.

I saw fuck all. Well apart from some kids coming up from behind The Cowshed, one of which had a scarf covering his coupon. I wasn't intimidated. They were children. It wasn't The Village Of The Damned. They were children playing at being hooligans. As already mentioned, one day they'll get a right doing, and I won't give a fuck either way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:13 pm 
Gers wrote:
The problem I have with your observations being that I was actually there. Whereas you weren't.

I saw fuck all. Well apart from some kids coming up from behind The Cowshed, one of which had a scarf covering his coupon. I wasn't intimidated. They were children. It wasn't The Village Of The Damned. They were children playing at being hooligans. As already mentioned, one day they'll get a right doing, and I won't give a fuck either way.

I didn't think we were talking about yesterday anymore (I certainly wasn't)? I thought we were talking about bad elements at football and intimidation in general?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:15 pm 

I'm not prepared to be intimidated by anyone. Gave that nonsense up years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:25 pm 
Gers wrote:
I'm not prepared to be intimidated by anyone. Gave that nonsense up years ago.

I believe you.

Just saying that for the "average" fan, for the guy who takes his girlfriend/wife/kids to a game, witnessing a few drunk (or sober) blokes confronting or fighting with stewards, police or other fans, can be very intimidating. Most of the time they can't avoid it as they sit in the same stand or are passing it in the street outside or inside the stadium. There is just no need for it and it shouldn't be accepted or defended.

Perhaps not all of that behavior is intentionally intimidating others around them, and they are that way because its "part of football" (for them), I just don't think people can either defend people like that, or be surprised or react negatively when people don't like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm 

It seems to be dealt with differently nearly every game. The AFC game before the last AFC game the police were in arrest mode and did not tolerate any fighting outside the stadium and Asda. The last AFC game the police seemed to just clear the AFC fans away from the stadium. The police did not seem to do much about the drunks in the road after the Coventry game looking for trouble. I thought the stewards did not get involved quick enough with the fight inside the stadium at the Coventry game. Why did the police not seem to get involved. The club needs to get tough and start banning people for fighting, until they do, this trouble will continue. Also in the centre at the game in Northampton the police seemed to arrest the MK Dons supporters. You just fell that and it appears to people that if they come to MK they will get away with causing trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:02 pm 

We weren’t the only ones complaining about our own supporters, some cov fans were complaining about theirs too.
https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/ ... ium.83694/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:02 pm 

Banning orders! There wasn't any fucking trouble.

FFS, just walk away. It's what I do. Who cares.

If you're constantly looking to be offended, then buy The Daily Mail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next