THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm 

I imagine this wont come as a monumental surprise to anyone who has had regular transactions with TM but we are encountering a problem and I just need to sense check that we arent doing anything stupid.

So I have purchased mine and my sons ticket. he doesnt want to sit with me anymore as he has friends who all now want to sit in the cowshed. so far, so good. he found a block of seats that was available and i paid for his seat. He communicated this to the other friends but as single ticket buyers the system doesnt seem to accept a single ticket leaving a single seat next to them. seeing as they want to sit together and are all buying separately, how can we overcome this frankly ridiculous problem?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm 

Get one mate to collect everyone else's money and buy all the tickets as a group. If they're too young or they don't trust each other :lol: , you could volunteer to do it on their behalf.

This is probably the easiest solution that doesn't involve getting bogged down in a club/Ticketmaster technology nightmare.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm 

I haven’t looked in detail at this yet but does anyone know if season tickets are automatically renewed via direct debit if we pay that way? I didn’t spot anything about that in the brochure and wondered if anyone knew before I try the box office. Ta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Get one mate to collect everyone else's money and buy all the tickets as a group. If they're too young or they don't trust each other :lol: , you could volunteer to do it on their behalf.

This is probably the easiest solution that doesn't involve getting bogged down in a club/Ticketmaster technology nightmare.

They are doing it by direct debit payment apparently. I thought about offering to pay but if their own parents arent prepared to sub them (they may or may not be, I dont know) I really dont fancy becoming the bank of dodgy teenagers!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm 

Magpie wrote:
They are doing it by direct debit payment apparently. I thought about offering to pay but if their own parents arent prepared to sub them (they may or may not be, I dont know) I really dont fancy becoming the bank of dodgy teenagers!

Understandable. Even if you could just get them to pair up in twos for payment purposes, that would solve the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Understandable. Even if you could just get them to pair up in twos for payment purposes, that would solve the problem.

Thats a good idea!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm 

Tickets are free, just go to work or school and collect one at reception from Wrinkleman.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm 

Is it just MK that have done a deal with the devil or is it an EFL thing?

Hopefully it'll go better than the club shop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Thats a good idea!

Presumably only the last two that near to pair up if they start at one end and work along.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm 

Ticketmaster are total shitbags (in my opinion of course) so obviously we've done a deal with them. FFS.