THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Is it over?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:23 am 

AB4 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Here is the table if everyone were to win their games in hand. Obviously this is not wholly accurate with teams playing one another, but gives some idea of worst case

This is not an issue. Worst case it's 5 points clear of 8th with 6 games left. Then we can just win the play off final and go up.
Even if we don't go up this season, I really think we'll win or be top 2 next season.

That depends on the players we lose and who replaced them. For eample, O'Hora will be a massive loss, while Payne and Bate will want to play in League 1, so would be unlikely to return.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:28 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
AB4 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Here is the table if everyone were to win their games in hand. Obviously this is not wholly accurate with teams playing one another, but gives some idea of worst case

This is not an issue. Worst case it's 5 points clear of 8th with 6 games left. Then we can just win the play off final and go up.
Even if we don't go up this season, I really think we'll win or be top 2 next season.

That depends on the players we lose and who replaced them. For eample, O'Hora will be a massive loss, while Payne and Bate will want to play in League 1, so would be unlikely to return.

We also all saw what happened after we missed out on promotion in 21/22..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:37 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
AB4 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

We also all saw what happened after we missed out on promotion in 21/22..

We'll bring in new players to replace them. I'd really miss Payne and I think O'Hora is off whatever happens but I do believe Bate will stay after his contract is up with Leeds.
We might lose Max too but I think we'll replace those players on our march to the title.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:44 am 

Easily said, but if we are in L2 next year, we could do with some physically bigger, stronger players in the squad.
Didn't do Wycombe any harm in their play off success against our technically-gifted team.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:53 am 

Could've done with a commanding fella at the back, like Flint, Swailes or McFadzean.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:22 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Could've done with a commanding fella at the back, like Flint, Swailes or McFadzean.

No thanks. I’d prefer footballers like Doumbé, Williams or Darling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:51 pm 

Toby Lock is reporting that Tucker is playing an in house match this afternoon.

What are the chances of him coming straight into the defence if fit and would that make an improvement?

I dont think I would want him straight back in after 5 months out, short term I dont see him being able to improve on what we have with his long lay off. The season might very well be over before he regains full match fitness but he might be more useful in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:24 pm 

Magpie wrote:

What are the chances of him coming straight into the defence if fit and would that make an improvement?

I dont think I would want him straight back in after 5 months out, short term I dont see him being able to improve on what we have with his long lay off. The season might very well be over before he regains full match fitness but he might be more useful in the playoffs.

He played some of his best football here just before the injury. Really stepped up under MW and looked reall confident in that defence. We're a much better team defensively with a confident Jack Tucker. Like you say, the question is how long will it take to see him at that level again.

I'm sure he'll be eased back in slowly, but I fully expect him to see some minutes this weekend, even if its only from the bench. Him and Max back to their best would be massive for the rest of our season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:25 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Magpie wrote:

He played some of his best football here just before the injury. Really stepped up under MW and looked reall confident in that defence. We're a much better team defensively with a confident Jack Tucker. Like you say, the question is how long will it take to see him at that level again.

I'm sure he'll be eased back in slowly, but I fully expect him to see some minutes this weekend, even if its only from the bench. Him and Max back to their best would be massive for the rest of our season.

Agreed. MW has said he was a standout player in the few performances he had under MW before getting injured. Suspect MW rates him very highly and I think he’ll be back in the squad as quickly as possible (of course with some care due to his recent injury).

I suspect we’ll see him for 10 - 20 minutes on Friday and Monday, followed by him starting against FGR.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:16 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

No thanks. I’d prefer footballers like Doumbé, Williams or Darling.

Or a mixture of them. Swailes took no sh*t from anyone and KM wasn't adverse to a 'juicy tackle'. Darling of course was amazing moving into attack mode and MD was no slouch.
Oh to have such a choice these daze...... :ugeek: