THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
We don't win the play offs because of our away form

Size and condition of pitch has nothing to do with it, as was proved at Stockport. The players aren't mentally capable of playing away from MK.

I don’t have statistical evidence, but it seems to me we don’t cope well with bad weather and particularly wind. Our home matches at StadiumMK are less affected by wind because it’s a 360 degree bowl. And also it’s in one of the driest parts of the country.
Not sure what we do about it. Wembley should be ok though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Donsduck wrote:
We just need to win our games and stay in touch with those above Mansfield Wrexham tomorrow and Wrexham v Stockport and Mansfield Barrow on the last day.

Never give up hope just keep pushing as well as we can

On that point, what's the best outcome for us in Wrexham Mansfield tomorrow? I'm firmly of the opinion Mansfield will go up, so I guess a Mansfield win is best? Or is a draw better as both teams drop points?

A Manfield win for me. Highly unlikely they wont be top 2 so really its down to us and Wrexham for the third spot so a sizeable Mansfield win would do just nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm 

Going purely on ppg for the last 8 games, assuming all teams keep that up (I know, big assumtion), the top end of the final table will look like this:

Mansfield 84 pts
Stockport 81 pts
Wrexham 80 pts
Crawley 78 pts
MK Dons 76 pts
Barrow 75 pts
Crewe 74 pts

You read it here first. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Donsduck wrote:
We just need to win our games and stay in touch with those above Mansfield Wrexham tomorrow and Wrexham v Stockport and Mansfield Barrow on the last day.

On that point, what's the best outcome for us in Wrexham Mansfield tomorrow? I'm firmly of the opinion Mansfield will go up, so I guess a Mansfield win is best? Or is a draw better as both teams drop points?

Best outcome? Match descends into chaos after 16 minutes, with the score 0-0. Huge brawl, both teams reduced to four players each, match abandoned leading to a huge crowd riot. Both teams awarded a 3-0 loss and immediately deducted 5 points with no appeal. Ryan Reynolds is caught trying to bribe FA into reversing the decision, and gets lifetime banned from owning a club. And herpes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm 

Magpie wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Donsduck wrote:

A Manfield win for me. Highly unlikely they wont be top 2 so really its down to us and Wrexham for the third spot so a sizeable Mansfield win would do just nicely.

19-0 would be helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Donsduck wrote:

19-0 would be helpful.

No, that us, 19-0 vNotts Co