THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Williamson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:21 pm 

65% possession is nothing to be sniffed at (probably helped by the ball being in our net five times) but seriously…

"We're on the raw end of a heavy defeat but when we look at it - although we have to hold our hands up and say we gave goals away - we played extremely well.

"We were clean, we were sharp, we mixed it up but couldn't take any of our chances early on when we were dominant. Then we were punished.

"The hardest thing is when we gave a goal away we needed to refocus but Stockport are up there for a reason and were clinical in everything they did.

"The lads have been phenomenal since I came in, and I have zero criticism. I told the boys that if, as a result of this, we are going to be tougher to beat, we'll be better off for it."

Post subject: Re: Williamson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:34 pm 

I’ve just watched this interview and I’m staggered by his reaction, we’ve been piled 5 - 0 and he doesn’t see it’s much of an issue, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee, he’s either not telling the truth in interviews or he’s deluded in some way.

“The boys” deserved to be criticised they were fucking woeful

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:34 pm 

Not totally critical, however perferred Alex Gilbey's post match presser. Williamson needs to pass denial and admit something is wrong in respect of our away performances.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:35 pm 

He's never going to come out and criticise the players after a game. It's glaringly obvious. The sooner our fans just accept that, the better.

He's a good manager, but his interviews are always going to be the same cliche answers. We just have to get used to it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:39 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
He's never going to come out and criticise the players after a game. It's glaringly obvious. The sooner our fans just accept that, the better.

He's a good manager, but his interviews are always going to be the same cliche answers. We just have to get used to it.

He just needs to see the pattern and accept that there is an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:41 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:

There’s doing that and then there’s saying we were blinding when we lost one of the biggest games of the season 5-0.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:45 pm 

He has to go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:45 pm 

Not just the players today. Williamson himself.

Bad calls playing MJ over Norman and a makeshift striker. Then not having a plan b ready (now let me think where I’ve heard that before).

The difference today was we didn’t finish our many chances and they did. We were by far the better team for 30 minutes but we didn’t score.

We need better centre halves btw.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:59 pm 

I’d just like to see a bit more passion, anger, disappointment, he doesn’t appear to be bothered and shrugs it off like we’ve lost 1 - 0 to Man City after dominating them from 90 minutes, it’s nowhere near what’s happening

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:11 pm 

I sincerely hope, and imagine he does, give completely different messages in the locker room to what we see in the media.

He's protecting them, that's admirable but there's no point saying what is clearly not the case - and trying to pull wool over peoples eyes. If we're all in it together, we need to know as fans that a 5-0 loss isn't acceptable. We know it isn't, but if he's saying shit like that, is it acceptable if we play (what he considered) 'well??
I could pass the Bradford result off as a one off and an anomaly. This wasn't. We could've been 3-0 up before we conceded, but the fact is we weren't, and we lost 5-0 and deserved to.

Don't bullshit us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Last edited by Alby39 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.