THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Williamson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 pm 

Absolutely pointless taking any note of what managers say, it’s to protect the players. Nothing they say to the media is ever going to be what they really think. Unless they’re Tory Deeney, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:00 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Absolutely pointless taking any note of what managers say, it’s to protect the players. Nothing they say to the media is ever going to be what they really think. Unless they’re Tory Deeney, of course.

Or Joey Barton.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:43 am 

I never really understand this type of complaint into a managers post match comments.
Firstly we (the fans, players and management) know that was potentially a key game.
We also know that wasn't the result or performance that was expected.
We are all embarrassed by the fact we performed that way in front of the cameras.
Now taking that all as read Mike has two choices he can look really angry and say harsh words about the players, what this achieves is letting him off the hook as it says to everyone it was the players fault, it also separates him from the players. Once he has done this he gets on the coach and the players won't look him in the eye, they feel thy have been publicly humiliated both on the pitch and by the manager. You can work out where moral and performances go from there.
Or he can do what he did, say there were positives, say everyone makes mistakes and we are in it together, point out that when he came in the autos were a pipe dream and the get on the coach look the players in the eye as a manager they trust and pick them up ready to go again in a season in which there is still a huge amount to play for.
You may not like it but that is the reason for the post match comments.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:58 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I never really understand this type of complaint into a managers post match comments.
Firstly we (the fans, players and management) know that was potentially a key game.
We also know that wasn't the result or performance that was expected.
We are all embarrassed by the fact we performed that way in front of the cameras.
Now taking that all as read Mike has two choices he can look really angry and say harsh words about the players, what this achieves is letting him off the hook as it says to everyone it was the players fault, it also separates him from the players. Once he has done this he gets on the coach and the players won't look him in the eye, they feel thy have been publicly humiliated both on the pitch and by the manager. You can work out where moral and performances go from there.
Or he can do what he did, say there were positives, say everyone makes mistakes and we are in it together, point out that when he came in the autos were a pipe dream and the get on the coach look the players in the eye as a manager they trust and pick them up ready to go again in a season in which there is still a huge amount to play for.
You may not like it but that is the reason for the post match comments.

Or he could say the result isn't acceptable, that aren't the finished article, that lessons need to learnt and we need to dust ourselves and start again. However, we haven't time to feel sorry for ourselves and we have the chance to put it right on Friday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:19 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:26 am 

Can't there be a middle ground between:
*let's not lose our heads, we are where we are for a reason, we are still in a good position to challenge and it was an off day where we played well for half an hour, on another day could've been 3-0 up ourselves.

And

*We are in too good a position to keep messing up golden opportunities. Defensively we've shown to be naive of late and its no coincidence or a flash in the pan, we need to work on being better if we have any chance of promotion.

Saying you're proud and have no complaints etc is just bollocks, if you're coming away from a 5-0 humbling on SKY for everyone to see your frailties with no complaints, you're being delusional.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:51 am 

Scribble wrote:
I’d just like to see a bit more passion, anger, disappointment, he doesn’t appear to be bothered and shrugs it off like we’ve lost 1 - 0 to Man City after dominating them from 90 minutes, it’s nowhere near what’s happening

I don't think that's his style. If you watch him during most games he's usually sat down a lot just watching. He's not a shouter so to speak.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:13 am 

Zeberdee wrote:
Scribble wrote:
I’d just like to see a bit more passion, anger, disappointment, he doesn’t appear to be bothered and shrugs it off like we’ve lost 1 - 0 to Man City after dominating them from 90 minutes, it’s nowhere near what’s happening

I don't think that's his style. If you watch him during most games he's usually sat down a lot just watching. He's not a shouter so to speak.

Exactly. He's more a Wenger than a Fergie.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Absolutely pointless taking any note of what managers say, it’s to protect the players. Nothing they say to the media is ever going to be what they really think.

Manning was the same as well. They must all go on the same virtual media training course.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:20 am 

midfielder wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Absolutely pointless taking any note of what managers say, it’s to protect the players. Nothing they say to the media is ever going to be what they really think.

Manning was the same as well. They must all go on the same virtual media training course.

My company runs those. So I may be partially responsible I guess.