THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kelly
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:47 pm 

Louis Barry was on loan from Villa and it didn't work out. It didn't stop them loaning us Marschall. Whether it puts a strain on future loan signings from Villa remains to be seen, but to be honest, It would be bonkers if we started playing loan players, just to keep the parent club happy. If the player isn't good enough, be it technically, physically, mentally etc etc, the responsibility surely is shared by the player/parent club and loan club?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm 

Villa would rather Marschall plays and makes mistakes than not play at all. They want him, to be honest, to have clangers. That way he can learn from them and improve from them.

From their point of view- Loan him out, let him cut his teeth, if he plays well, happy days. If he doesn't play well, learn from the errors.

They don't care one jot how we do, as long as he plays and mirrors the first team for style. The way Williamson tries to pass the opposition to death is far more important to them than any result.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:13 pm 

SteelbackDon wrote:
Villa would rather Marschall plays and makes mistakes than not play at all. They want him, to be honest, to have clangers. That way he can learn from them and improve from them.

From their point of view- Loan him out, let him cut his teeth, if he plays well, happy days. If he doesn't play well, learn from the errors.

They don't care one jot how we do, as long as he plays and mirrors the first team for style. The way Williamson tries to pass the opposition to death is far more important to them than any result.

This plus the fact that Marschall was his boy last season at Gateshead. He probably pushed Villa to let us have him as we are a step up and we play the way Villa like. As I have said there is too much to lose from both Williamson who should hopefully by now realised he fucked up and Villa who as Steelback rightly said will not give two shits about how little MK Dons did and will not give a crap if we suffer cause an inept keeper of theirs is between the sticks. They just want him playing and learning and most people learn by doing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 am 

Couldn’t give a fuck about Villa or any future loan opportunities. There are miser clubs than Villa. To play Marshall will be to throw away the season and any potential promotion. If MW plays the Villa keeper then he is not as clever as I thought and it would be another big mistake he has made. Show you’ve got a decent footballing brain MW. Stick with Kelly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:57 am 

Whatever choice MW makes, whether hindsight proves it to be correct or not, I just want to acknowledge it is choice between two sub par options, that is the key point I hope the club takes forward and learns from.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:22 am 

Why do you regard Kelly as sub par ? He is no worse that England's keeper at giving away goals.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Why do you regard Kelly as sub par ? He is no worse that England's keeper at giving away goals.

He isn't a number one goalkeeper for a team aiming for promotion from League Two in my opinion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

He isn't a number one goalkeeper for a team aiming for promotion from League Two in my opinion

It is what it is. (As said above) Assuming MW would rather secure points than please the parent club to try to secure putative loans at an undefined future date he plays Kelly. IMHO if it is the latter he will make (there I've said it 2h before the game) a very grave mistake. I'd love to be proved wrong if that happends.

IF Marscall plays and f-s up (again), esp in front of those of us in The Cowshed, there will be no disguising the groan or it's volume.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 pm 

Kelly starts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 pm 

Speaking of sub keepers - I see Franco is starting for Wycombe in L1 now!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next