THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kelly
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:39 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
If Marschall is still MW's first choice, he'd have started Saturday. The fact he didn't indicates to me that Williamson has seen sense and realised Kelly's performances have been pretty impressive.

Will he drop him because of one mistake on Saturday? That would be very harsh. It was an absolute howler, but I don't think MW feels like the type of guy that'll drop someone that easily.

By that logic we should have started Dean fitness be damned. He genuinely has come back from an injury he may not be match fit. We shall see on Friday but the boss obviously likes Marcshall otherwise he wouldn't have done what he did in January to get him in. Again, where is the logic in upsetting things just to have a keeper sit on the bench?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:43 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Villa can demand what they want. Unless it's written in the loan agreement that he starts every game he's fit for (which would be a ridiculous thing to put in a loan agreement for a 19 year old) they can go fuck themselves.

Thing is you can say that, but if we were to go down the route of getting other Villa players on loan why would they let us if we are not giving them what they want? Williamson also seems to have a love in with Marschall for some dumb reason. I want Kelly, but half expect Marschall on Friday.

The sad thing is this mess was all preventable and all Williamsons doing. I know most new managers want to wave their dicks around, but there was zero reason for it to happen half way through a season.

Didn't affect Brentford loaning Maghoma to us after the Oyegoke stuff in the same season. It doesn't work like that. They'd understand he didn't perform and lost his place due to injury, not like its unfair and was dropped for no reason or brought in to be no.2

Difference is we are talking about a keeper now. Not outfield. Outfield loans sitting on a bench may get at least some time. Keepers sitting on the bench rarely do.

Also, I would suspect Villa would send him out on loan to get game time. If sitting on his arse was what Villa's endgame why loan him to us? He could stay at Villa Park. I think people are not understanding really that Villa let him go for a reason. He is bad and in no way shape or form I want him to start, but in the grand scheme of things I would not be surprised him started on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:02 am 

If Mike Williamson felt Marschall was a hindrance to the side at the stage of the season, he won't play him because it 'may' affect future loan deals from 'a' club.

The difference between outfield and goalkeeper isn't really relevant here either, Oyegoke wasn't dropped because he was injured and someone better came in and took his place because they were out performing him, he ended up being sent back because he was rubbish for us, Brentford gave us another in return.
Marachall has been injured for a month, isn't sharp and wasn't performing anyway. If anything they'll be more concerned at him being injured again if he isn't sharp than playing just for game time, they'll be fully aware he isn't doing well and isn't sharp in equal measure.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:00 am 

Im not certain which opinion is the one getting closest to correct here but I just cant see Villa being happy with him coming to a L2 side to sit on the bench and watch. He could have done that for them in the EPL.

The fact he isnt that good adds weight to the argument that they will want him playing regularly to me. No-one improves by watching. The Oyegoke comparison is relevant though although I think he continued to be selected to start long after it became obvious that he was massively out of his depth. I think he might be the worst loan player I have seen at MK which is some accolade noting the list include Sam Gallagher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:38 am 

Magpie wrote:
Im not certain which opinion is the one getting closest to correct here but I just cant see Villa being happy with him coming to a L2 side to sit on the bench and watch. He could have done that for them in the EPL.

The fact he isnt that good adds weight to the argument that they will want him playing regularly to me. No-one improves by watching. The Oyegoke comparison is relevant though although I think he continued to be selected to start long after it became obvious that he was massively out of his depth. I think he might be the worst loan player I have seen at MK which is some accolade noting the list include Sam Gallagher

Also factor in both Maghoma and Oyegoke were and should not be anywhere near Brentford's first team. Marschall has been flirting with the first team regardless of ability albeit not out of choice. I really do not want him near out 11. I didn't really want him near our club to begin with so please don't think I am a Marschall fan I can just see Williamson not wanting to admit he fucked up (which he did) and making a point of starting Marschall regardless. I mean let's be honest we are lucky we had Kelly all things considered as I believe he still is on a rolling contract that could have been terminated before Marschall got his injury. Can you imagine this conversation if we had Harness in goal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:34 pm 

I don’t think Aston Villa are petty enough to not send another loan player here just because Marschall dropped down to 2nd choice.

He came in and was immediately given the number 1 role. He didn’t perform well, got injured and then lost his place to Kelly who performed at a higher level.

I think they’ll be pretty understanding of the situation, especially given we’re heading into the end of the season and every game is massive. We’re not going to be changing our keeper just because Aston Villa would prefer he had minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:42 pm 

Les Ferdinand talks about this very issue regarding loans on this week's Stick To Football podcast. Very interesting. To summarise "Why's he playing over one of our own? He's not good enough "

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:53 pm 

My suspicion is that Kelly has given Williamson a much easier decision than it perhaps could have been with the mistake he made at Stockport. I think he will go with Marschall for the Walsall game. If tucker came through the in house match, I think we will see him as well. Im not sure I agree with either but I think thats what will happen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I don’t think Aston Villa are petty enough to not send another loan player here just because Marschall dropped down to 2nd choice.

He came in and was immediately given the number 1 role. He didn’t perform well, got injured and then lost his place to Kelly who performed at a higher level.

I think they’ll be pretty understanding of the situation, especially given we’re heading into the end of the season and every game is massive. We’re not going to be changing our keeper just because Aston Villa would prefer he had minutes.

You sure about that? They are a Premier League team. A Premier League team who were one of the 10 who rejected the new EFL deal to a point that they would start legal action if the new government regulator forced the change. Now I know there is not a probable link between players going out on loan and their income, but considering they are on the cusp of Champions League football it does show how petty they are and how if the shit rolls downwards maybe their director of football or whoever looks after players could be just as petty. I know its all ifs and buts, but I really do not think for one second that Villa care about us and our fight to get out of league 2. They will just want their player to play football otherwise as others have said you might as well have him back in the u23s or sitting on his arse at home.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:25 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

You sure about that? They are a Premier League team. A Premier League team who were one of the 10 who rejected the new EFL deal. Now I know there is not a probable link between players going out on loan and their income, but considering they are on the cusp of Champions League football it does show how petty they are and how if the shit rolls downwards maybe their director of football or whoever looks after players could be just as petty. I know its all ifs and buts, but I really do not think for one second that Villa care about us and our fight to get out of league 2. They will just want their player to play football otherwise as others have said you might as well have him back in the u23s or sitting on his arse at home.

The same premier league team that has Nicolo Zaniolo on loan, who they've barely given any minutes to this year? Would be quite hypocritical to have issue with us, wouldn't it. Loan players don't always work out and in Marschall case, his injury is the main reason he lost his place in the team. There is no way Villa expect us to reinstate him over a goalkeeper who has performed at a higher level. Why would any club ever do that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next