THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kelly
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:08 am 

Magpie wrote:
Im not on board with the love in for McG. I dont think he was any better than Kelly to be honest. What we have is a L2 level goalkeeper playing in L2 I reckon.

We were a bit spoilt with Cummings but his second season was nowhere near as solid and consistent as his first. I suspect as soon as Marschall is fit he will be back in as Villla will almost certainly demand that. The loaning of Harness suggest to me that Marschall isnt being called back which suggests he will be starting again sometime soon.

Doubt they'd be able to recall outside of a transfer window anyway.

I still think will pursue with Kelly. I am hoping Saturday was a big wake up call for him. He'd been looking a bit overconfident to me after cementing his place in the team. Needs to switch back on immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:18 pm 

Quote:
The loaning of Harness suggest to me that Marschall isnt being called back which suggests he will be starting again sometime soon

I do not want to see Marschall back as number 1 keeper.
Ghastly. You could see how unhappy the defence were with him. Palpable.
I think I posted a while ago about how O'Hora turned to The Cowshed (after he made a routine save) and gave a "give him some support" gesture with his hands. Embarrassing.
Come back in 3 years.
Maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:15 am 

Villa can demand what they want. Unless it's written in the loan agreement that he starts every game he's fit for (which would be a ridiculous thing to put in a loan agreement for a 19 year old) they can go fuck themselves.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:53 am 

Ratings - whoscored

Kelly - 6.49
Marschall -6.42
Harness - 5.81

Ratings - fotmob

Kelly - 6.67
Marschall - 6.52
Harness - 4.95

Goals conceded more than % goalies: Kelly 38%, Marschall 72%
Claiming high balls more than % goalies: Kelly 36%, Marshall 11%
Sweeping more than % goalies: Kelly 72% , Marshall 90%.

Compared to similar goalies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:16 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Villa can demand what they want. Unless it's written in the loan agreement that he starts every game he's fit for (which would be a ridiculous thing to put in a loan agreement for a 19 year old) they can go fuck themselves.

Thing is you can say that, but if we were to go down the route of getting other Villa players on loan why would they let us if we are not giving them what they want? Williamson also seems to have a love in with Marschall for some dumb reason. I want Kelly, but half expect Marschall on Friday.

The sad thing is this mess was all preventable and all Williamsons doing. I know most new managers want to wave their dicks around, but there was zero reason for it to happen half way through a season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:24 am 

Under Martin Allen in 2006/7 not having an established trusted keeper probably cost us promotion. Not saying Kelly can't be that keeper, may be with a little more experience, next season possibly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:29 pm 

If Marschall is still MW's first choice, he'd have started Saturday. The fact he didn't indicates to me that Williamson has seen sense and realised Kelly's performances have been pretty impressive.

Will he drop him because of one mistake on Saturday? That would be very harsh. It was an absolute howler, but I don't think MW feels like the type of guy that'll drop someone that easily.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:44 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Thing is you can say that, but if we were to go down the route of getting other Villa players on loan why would they let us if we are not giving them what they want? Williamson also seems to have a love in with Marschall for some dumb reason. I want Kelly, but half expect Marschall on Friday.

The sad thing is this mess was all preventable and all Williamsons doing. I know most new managers want to wave their dicks around, but there was zero reason for it to happen half way through a season.

Didn't affect Brentford loaning Maghoma to us after the Oyegoke stuff in the same season. It doesn't work like that. They'd understand he didn't perform and lost his place due to injury, not like its unfair and was dropped for no reason or brought in to be no.2

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:11 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Under Martin Allen in 2006/7 not having an established trusted keeper probably cost us promotion. Not saying Kelly can't be that keeper, may be with a little more experience, next season possibly.

Mad Dog was beyond mad. He was into Sid Barrett territory.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:38 pm 

Recall if a player got a booking he immediately substituted them. OK after a booking a player might be less effective, but can't be the best decision always.

On plus he did bring some good players in, who were important during the promotion the following season, O'Hanlon, Dyer, Andrews, Diallo and the other one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next