THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gutted
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:57 pm 
Sausage wrote:
What I saw this afternoon was Robboball all over again.

Glorious wasn’t it? :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm 

Sausage wrote:

Yep. Brilliant.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm 

Brando wrote:
Sausage wrote:

Glorious wasn’t it? :)

Ha. You beat me to it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:59 pm 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
Alby wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
That said, they definitely deserve to be booed, unlike the last game. Not quite sure why so many people were clapping them off though either...

Why? For getting stuck in, being creative, trying something new and genuinely going for it instead of punting it long to nobody and looking disinterested? Yeah let’s boo them. Fuck sake I dispair.

Am I missing something - is that a serious suggestion that the Dons players deserved to be booed this afternoon?

If so then we are definitely living on separate planets and seeing different games

:?

I think Alby was saying the opposite. Sarcasm. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:00 pm 
Otterspocket wrote:
Always stay and applaud the players, win, lose or draw. None of them want to have a bad game or lose so to me it's just courtesy for their efforts. Today IMO we played the best football I've seen since our promotion season, but sadly didn't ever look like scoring.

Very this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:02 pm 
If there was a noticeable difference after less than a week, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how we play under Micciche next season after he's had a full pre-season with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:06 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
If there was a noticeable difference after less than a week, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how we play under Micciche next season after he's had a full pre-season with them.

Oh this with bells, fairy lights and a cherry on top

:D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 pm 

We dominated possession but we don't know what to do with the ball in the final third. We've forgotten how to score. But the whole team defended continuously breaking down their play. The whole team attacked with Williams so high up.

Cisse wasn't good at left back true and he did allow the cross that lead to the goal BUT he probably expects EBL to be able to kick a ball as the barest minimum. Nichols and EBL make one massive mistake a game, today they did it at the same time to lead to a comedy goal. Agard should have scored and there were a few times where we didn't get the luck of the rebound.

I don't mind seeing us lose (occasionally) if we play like this. The issue under Robbie was losing with dire football. I would be very surprised if we go down now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 pm 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
Alby wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
That said, they definitely deserve to be booed, unlike the last game. Not quite sure why so many people were clapping them off though either...

Why? For getting stuck in, being creative, trying something new and genuinely going for it instead of punting it long to nobody and looking disinterested? Yeah let’s boo them. Fuck sake I dispair.

Am I missing something - is that a serious suggestion that the Dons players deserved to be booed this afternoon?

If so then we are definitely living on separate planets and seeing different games

:?

No, it was a typo!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
We dominated possession but we don't know what to do with the ball in the final third. We've forgotten how to score. But the whole team defended continuously breaking down their play. The whole team attacked with Williams so high up.

Cisse wasn't good at left back true and he did allow the cross that lead to the goal BUT he probably expects EBL to be able to kick a ball as the barest minimum. Nichols and EBL make one massive mistake a game, today they did it at the same time to lead to a comedy goal. Agard should have scored and there were a few times where we didn't get the luck of the rebound.

I don't mind seeing us lose (occasionally) if we play like this. The issue under Robbie was losing with dire football. I would be very surprised if we go down now.

It wasn't just Cisse's defending at left back (as centre back he was OK), but until Nesbitt came on, everything had to go down the right hand side as he couldn't attack as left back. Nesbitt needs to start as soon as possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next