THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Gutted
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:20 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Thought we were terrible, nothing has changed, so it must be the players??

You are having a fucking giraffe??

I didnt go but i will stat you. Took us 80 plus minutes to have a shot on target. Regardless of how amazing the build up was. We need goals. We were playing a league 2 side (albeit a good l2 side). If Coventry played well then that's fair enough, but I don't think they were all that as we had 60% possession.

You can play the most attractive looking football in the world. You don't score your fucked. I am sure you can take positives from today but I am genuinely worried where the goals are coming from as we are toothless up front. That's where I agree with warwick

See, that isn’t the case whatsoever, it may have been 80 minutes before a shot was registered ‘on target ‘ but there were multiple shots blocked by a well organised Coventry defence, watching the game and looking at stats are two completely different things, yes we do need a good striker but it would have been difficult for anyone to get a shot through their defence first half.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:27 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

I didnt go but i will stat you. Took us 80 plus minutes to have a shot on target. Regardless of how amazing the build up was. We need goals. We were playing a league 2 side (albeit a good l2 side). If Coventry played well then that's fair enough, but I don't think they were all that as we had 60% possession.

You can play the most attractive looking football in the world. You don't score your fucked. I am sure you can take positives from today but I am genuinely worried where the goals are coming from as we are toothless up front. That's where I agree with warwick

Tends to be hard to have a shot on target when the opponent Park the bus for the most part and you can’t play through them. Then you shoot from range and get moaned at by the fans.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:02 pm 

Not just Agard Maybe Sow could have done better

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 167.7 KiB | Viewed 487 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:36 pm 

Alby wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
That said, they definitely deserve to be booed, unlike the last game. Not quite sure why so many people were clapping them off though either...

Why? For getting stuck in, being creative, trying something new and genuinely going for it instead of punting it long to nobody and looking disinterested? Yeah let’s boo them. Fuck sake I dispair.

Jeez, I definitely clapped the team I support off the pitch, stuff throwing the dummy out the pram and Boo.A lot of good that does. I also despair "WTF" lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:25 pm 

I never boo. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 pm 

Donsduck wrote:

He had no chance. He was upside down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am 

dons50 wrote:
Donsduck wrote:

He had no chance. He was upside down.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

See, that isn’t the case whatsoever, it may have been 80 minutes before a shot was registered ‘on target ‘ but there were multiple shots blocked by a well organised Coventry defence, watching the game and looking at stats are two completely different things, yes we do need a good striker but it would have been difficult for anyone to get a shot through their defence first half.

I did say if Coventry played well then fair enough and they realised what they needed to do. You do realise there are two halves to a game don't you? The seems like there is no creative output anywhere on the pitch.

I will give the devil it's due, but I will be at Walsall next Saturday so I will see first hand if there are any changes. Three out of our next four games we need to get things from as they are potentially winnable games (Walsall, Oldham and Rochdale). 7 points minimum. 9 point ideally. No excuses. Failure to do so we will be down in my eyes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8