THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Gutted
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 pm 

Thought we played very well especially first half. Moment they scored it was over because they defended well.

Players didn’t deserve some boos I heard (Thougu fewer) it was definitely a much better performance and they were going for it. Sometimes you lose and it’s not always down to a shit performance or a bad red etc. Just gotta accept it.

Fair play Coventry.

Onto the League.

Apparently.

UTF

Post subject: Re: Gutted
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:18 pm 
I didn't go today and just listened on the radio, but it sounded like we dominated possession for most of the game. Like you say, as soon as Lewie was off and they scored, it was mostly one way traffic from them.

The more EEL and Wootton play, the less convinced I am that they should have a future with us. Nothing good has come out of those two all season apart from EEL contributing a couple of goals.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:30 pm 

I would question the tactics not the players. Coventry played quite a high line but no balls over the top towards Agard. When we did go forward we ended up going backwards or sideways. Coventry didn't even play well and they still managed win! A pretty pathetic display Imo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:33 pm 

Cisse is a mystery too. Was a passenger at times and Upson didn’t look sharp. Generally speaking though we were better and we didn’t drop any points, results went against us in the League mind. But Dan had a free game today and has a week to see how things will go in training etc. I was impressed mainly.

As for tactics he came in on Monday. Don’t think we had enough time to go through the tactics of them.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:35 pm 
Would have been nice to get to the fifth round, but obviously the league is the priority. Coventry are a good side in League Two and beat Stoke in the last round. With 8k fans supporting them, I'm not surprised or too bothered that we didn't get through.

Walsall next week is much more important, and is the kind of team we should be beating at this point in the season if we are going to stay up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:40 pm 

I'm a big fan of Ouse in defence (central) but he was at fault for their goal. Didn't attempt to stop the cross at all.
We certainly looked the better team until Lewie went off.

In the first 16 mins we probably made more forward passes than the previous 16 games.

I'm going to stick by neck out here and say that we won't get relegated this season with Dan as manager. Still a lot of work to do and hopefully players to arrive but things were much more positive. I'm normally quite negative but have got a good feeling already

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:51 pm 

Cisse, left back. I do not think so, especially when we had Callum Brittain on the bench and Williams could have swapped. Tactical suicide.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 pm 

Think this is the sort of game we have to take on the chin. I’ve always said I can take losing if we put our all in and I think they did. I think they deserved a clap off. Sometimes you lose and the circumstances aren’t always a bad referee or a bad performance etc. It’s just the way the game went.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 pm 

Alby wrote:
Think this is the sort of game we have to take on the chin. I’ve always said I can take losing if we put our all in and I think they did. I think they deserved a clap off. Sometimes you lose and the circumstances aren’t always a bad referee or a bad performance etc. It’s just the way the game went.

It went the way it did because Cisse isn't a left back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Cisse, left back. I do not think so, especially when we had Callum Brittain on the bench and Williams could have swapped. Tactical suicide.

That was a terrible decision to not bring on Brittain and put William on the left, Cisse at LB was bad and Ebanks if just shocking, have you seen the calamity that he did for there goal!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next