THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gutted
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:16 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
The whole team attacked with Williams so high up.

One of the best games I’ve seen Williams play.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
We dominated possession but we don't know what to do with the ball in the final third. We've forgotten how to score. But the whole team defended continuously breaking down their play. The whole team attacked with Williams so high up.

Cisse wasn't good at left back true and he did allow the cross that lead to the goal BUT he probably expects EBL to be able to kick a ball as the barest minimum. Nichols and EBL make one massive mistake a game, today they did it at the same time to lead to a comedy goal. Agard should have scored and there were a few times where we didn't get the luck of the rebound.

I don't mind seeing us lose (occasionally) if we play like this. The issue under Robbie was losing with dire football. I would be very surprised if we go down now.

It wasn't just Cisse's defending at left back (as centre back he was OK), but until Nesbitt came on, everything had to go down the right hand side as he couldn't attack as left back. Nesbitt needs to start as soon as possible.

I sit on the right (Family Stand) so I didn't mind it!

If we're playing inverted wingers, surely it would be easy to find someone for the left wing (right footed)? PP would have been good.

Also, first half, the linesman usually stands in front of me but I hardly saw him for the first 30 minutes as we had the ball firmly in their half. More of this please.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:20 pm 

Thought we were terrible, nothing has changed, so it must be the players??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:23 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:

You're taking the piss, surely?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:37 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:

You are having a fucking giraffe??

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:42 pm 

Thought that was a massive improvement today. We were doing fine until Lewie went off and it all seemed to fall apart. Just seen the highlights, the goal looks even more horrific from our point of view than I thought it was. Cisse let the cross come in far too easily, and EEL with another howler. Overall I’m gutted but not disappointed with the performance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:46 pm 

Goal was horrendous series of errrors. WTF was EEL doing. He is a liability. His distribution at times was s..t. but look on the bright side. Best football weve playsd for months IF the goals come well survive but a little gutted to lose today

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:55 pm 

SW4don wrote:
Thought that was a massive improvement today. We were doing fine until Lewie went off and it all seemed to fall apart. Just seen the highlights, the goal looks even more horrific from our point of view than I thought it was. Cisse let the cross come in far too easily, and EEL with another howler. Overall I’m gutted but not disappointed with the performance.

I mean I don't want to spoil anyone's party, but we did only have 2 shots on target. I think it shows how bad things got under Robbie that this is seen as a good performance. I don't really think we were that good, and Coventry probably deserved to win with the chances they had.

Cissé at left back made no sense, especially seeing as DM knew that Lewington would only last an hour so he really should have thought it through.

Still, there are obviously positives: the passing game is definitely back and that was enjoyable to watch. I just hope we can find a way to create chances, something which we've struggled to do all season, especially without Aneke. Also, we had 10 corners and they were all shit - we have to sort out our abysmal corners with so much height in the team (Cissé, Ebanks-Landell, Sow and Wootton were all on the pitch at the same time).

I thought that Williams played well and put in some good crosses; if we had a good striker someone might have got on the end of them. I also liked Tavernier a lot, he looked promising in the first half and I hate how their players rolled around and surrounded the referee to try and get him sent off for nothing more than a mistimed challenge. A joke really.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:00 pm 

Played with a much better tempo especially the first half, but we need to start converting chances into goals. Still looking toothless up front and sloppy at the back, I can’t for the life of me understand EEL coming on for Lewie, surely that should have been Brittain and shifting Williams to the left.

That decision cost us dear, Cisse perfectly comfortable as a CB was crap at LB and EEL was set to his default mode “Donkey”

Different day same shit, but at least it was a higher grade shit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:07 pm 

didn’t go/watch today but i would think it fairly unsurprising that a team going for promotion in one league would have a bit more confidence in both boxes than a team at the opposite end of another (and missing our best player). we’re league one, sure, but the gap really isn’t significant.

sounds like a more positive performance, which is encouraging. the results (and goalscoring in particular) will turn if that’s the case on a consistent basis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next