THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gutted
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:05 pm 

Alby wrote:
Think this is the sort of game we have to take on the chin. I’ve always said I can take losing if we put our all in and I think they did. I think they deserved a clap off. Sometimes you lose and the circumstances aren’t always a bad referee or a bad performance etc. It’s just the way the game went.

I agree, first twenty mins we looked great. Attacking full backs!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:08 pm 

Thought they definitely looked better overall - more confident and organised. Certainly until Lewington went off.

But we are so poor up front. I am really beginning to dislike everything about Sow - his lack of movement, his lack of pace, his lack of goals and his general demeanour of a man who thinks he is way better than League One. Ugbo was also weak today. They were good defensively, but we were also weak.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:10 pm 

Alby wrote:
Think this is the sort of game we have to take on the chin. I’ve always said I can take losing if we put our all in and I think they did. I think they deserved a clap off. Sometimes you lose and the circumstances aren’t always a bad referee or a bad performance etc. It’s just the way the game went.

Agree - very disappointed but fair play to Cov and good luck in the next round

Oh what could have been if we had kept up the first half performance, but there you go. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the game and the afternoon all round, made special by a rare visit from OFD Junior

If this is the effect that Dan has had with half a week's influence, then I feel very comfortable about the future

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Thought they definitely looked better overall - more confident and organised. Certainly until Lewington went off.

But we are so poor up front. I am really beginning to dislike everything about Sow - his lack of movement, his lack of pace, his lack of goals and his general demeanour of a man who thinks he is way better than League One. Ugbo was also weak today. They were good defensively, but we were also weak.

Yup. Agree. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm 

Title of the thread says “gutted” mate. I am gutted to go out. Seeing them celebrate going through to face probably a big club.

I’m just saying in terms of League points it’s a free game. He hasn’t lost any points and we saw enough today to show the potential of what his regime can bring. I am gutted. Would’ve loved to win and go through to the next round. Unfortunately we didn’t but not for lack of trying.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:12 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Would have been nice to get to the fifth round, but obviously the league is the priority. Coventry are a good side in League Two and beat Stoke in the last round. With 8k fans supporting them, I'm not surprised or too bothered that we didn't get through.

Walsall next week is much more important, and is the kind of team we should be beating at this point in the season if we are going to stay up.

I'm "bothered" about getting knocked out. I'm gutted. I can't believe some people saw this as a "free game". For me that was more important than the Walsall match. It was the FA Cup 4th round. It's meant to be the greatest cup competition in the World. We've got 18 league games left. We can afford to lose to Walsall. But that defeat means that's it for another year in the cup competitions. We've missed out on a potential much needed money spinner, or a winnable game and a chance to get to the Q/F for the first ever time and create some club history.
Gutted with the loss. 3 pts v Walsall would be great, but I'd switch the results every time if I could.

When I say I'm not bothered, I mean as in losing to a good side like Coventry with big support behind them - rather than losing to a poor L2 or non-league side. They beat Stoke, so nothing to be too disappointed about and I think even if we had played well the whole game and still lost, it wouldn't have been a huge upset.

I think Walsall is a big game. Our games after that are against tough sides like Portsmouth and Charlton where I'd expect defeat at the moment as both are doing well. If we don't get 3 points against Walsall, we could be 9+ points off safety if we lose the other two as well (albeit we have 2 games in hand).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:12 pm 

That said, they definitely did not deserve to be booed, unlike the last game. Not quite sure why so many people were clapping them off though either...

Last edited by Dad_Of_A_Don on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:14 pm 
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
That said, they definitely deserve to be booed, unlike the last game. Not quite sure why so many people were clapping them off though either...

It's apparently an indication of a return to the "MK way" that we had under KR.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:18 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
That said, they definitely deserve to be booed, unlike the last game. Not quite sure why so many people were clapping them off though either...

Why? For getting stuck in, being creative, trying something new and genuinely going for it instead of punting it long to nobody and looking disinterested? Yeah let’s boo them. Fuck sake I dispair.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:20 pm 

Alby wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

Why? For getting stuck in, being creative, trying something new and genuinely going for it instead of punting it long to nobody and looking disinterested? Yeah let’s boo them. Fuck sake I dispair.

Am I missing something - is that a serious suggestion that the Dons players deserved to be booed this afternoon?

If so then we are definitely living on separate planets and seeing different games

:?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next