THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: How we feeling?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:46 am 

Quite a few games/results during the shutdown period. How are we feeling? Personally I’m pretty happy. An excellent result against Crewe to get back on track ahead of a massive game this weekend. Beating Crewe and Mansfield in recent weeks is very encouraging ahead of what is to come.

Post subject: Re: How we feeling?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:55 am 

We're going up and likely will win the league.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:19 am 

Still holding my breath until we get Walsall out of the way (coincidentally that's the same day as Wrexham/Mansfield). April however, Mansfield aside, looks a lot better and I'd be confident of achieving promotion if we get to April still in touch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:27 am 

The Mansfield result gives me some hope but I still feel our away results will be the reason we miss out on auto's.

This isn't a recent issue and has been the main area of inconsistency under MW. We saw the exact same under RM too, where we could win at home but didn't pick up much away.

I think at home, where we have the majority of support, our slow build up play and 'keep ball' tactics are demoralising for the opposition. However, away from home where the opposition have the home support behind them, it doesn't have the same impact and they have extra drive to keep pushing to limit space and time on the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 am 

It will go to the last game of the season in my opinion in terms of promotion. I don't think we will win the league, but my gut tells me we will grab that 3rd spot. Hopefully Wrexham miss out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 am 

I'm still feeling like we'll finish fourth, the whole league is quite crazy and I just don't see any team stringing together any form, even us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:24 am 

paul4040 wrote:
I'm still feeling like we'll finish fourth, the whole league is quite crazy and I just don't see any team stringing together any form, even us.

Yeah, feel like if we end up going up it'll be more down to luck than anything else. We're going to need to stumble over the line, much like we did in 18/19. There's still hope though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 am 

Got this nagging feeling we're going to win the play offs. Not sure why, as we're historically beyond shit at them.

All I hope is that we avoid AFC entirely. I can't be dealing with that. I also think we'd absolutely crumble at their place if we got them in the semi's, similar (but worse) than we did against Wycombe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:35 am 

BuckDon wrote:
It will go to the last game of the season in my opinion in terms of promotion. I don't think we will win the league, but my gut tells me we will grab that 3rd spot. Hopefully Wrexham miss out.

Certainly agree with the first part of that - although I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:37 am 

Ormeau wrote:
Quite a few games/results during the shutdown period. How are we feeling? Personally I’m pretty happy. An excellent result against Crewe to get back on track ahead of a massive game this weekend. Beating Crewe and Mansfield in recent weeks is very encouraging ahead of what is to come.

Very confident

Though the prospect of a play off final against AFC makes me nervous

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next