THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: How we feeling?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:14 pm 

Can we get it? Sure. If its in our hands on the final 2 games of the season we'll have it. If it's in our hands on the last game we may as well not bother playing it, it'll be ours.

I do think it'll be playoffs though, I don't think it'll be AFC mind, but that's just a hunch. Whoever we play I think we'll be favourites, nobody worries me.
Even AFC. If you don't think the players will be aware and up for a bit of sweet revenge over 2 legs after the other week then you'd be wrong. The nerves will be there but I certainly think we'd have them in the home leg especially second.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:30 am 

dons50 wrote:
I’m not sure why anyone would be worried about AFC Wimbledon in the playoffs. We’re a much better side than them.

I’d be very happy if it’s them we had to play.

However, the way we’re playing, I can’t see us not getting automatic promotion.

We were a much better side than Wycombe two years ago. Look how well that went.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:28 am 

Leighton wrote:
AB4 wrote:
I'd actually prefer to go up via the play offs. I know it sounds odd but I want the day out at Wembley and I fancy our chances. If we didn't go up, we'll be promoted as champions next season anyway.

A day out at Wembley would be nice

A day out at Wembley is pointless if you don't win. None of that "ah at least we got a day out at Wembley" nonsense.

Also, Wembley is shite. Good view aside, shit atmosphere, shit location, overpriced, shit security and stewarding. Other than the sentiment of Wembley in title form, its an incredibly overrated and underwhelming venue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:46 am 

keyser soze wrote:
dons50 wrote:
I’m not sure why anyone would be worried about AFC Wimbledon in the playoffs. We’re a much better side than them.

Of course we can lose to a team that we’re better than, but the odds are in our favour. That would be the case if we played AFC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:47 am 

keyser soze wrote:
dons50 wrote:

You beat me to that..... :(

It's the old, but true, saying 'playoffs are a lottery'.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:45 pm 

We have been not savvy enough and/or unlucky in the playoff semis over the years.

I think that's because we subconsciously thought that we were better because we'd finished higher in the league table. Other teams seem to be more tenacious when it's all down to two games.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:54 pm 

We were second favourites against both Huddersfield and Posh and were beaten by better sides eventually promoted.

Wycombe weren't better than us but turned up hard in the first leg. I think AFC play similarly to how Wycombe do/did and given we've suffered a defeat already, we'll be better prepared for the element of surprise we got in March, we weren't against Wycombe. Had beaten them 3 times already and deserved all 3 of those when we did, too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:05 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Leighton wrote:
AB4 wrote:
I'd actually prefer to go up via the play offs. I know it sounds odd but I want the day out at Wembley and I fancy our chances. If we didn't go up, we'll be promoted as champions next season anyway.

A day out at Wembley would be nice

A day out at Wembley is pointless if you don't win. None of that "ah at least we got a day out at Wembley" nonsense.

Also, Wembley is shite. Good view aside, shit atmosphere, shit location, overpriced, shit security and stewarding. Other than the sentiment of Wembley in title form, its an incredibly overrated and underwhelming venue.

So much this. Especially the last paragraph.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:40 pm 

Not worried at all. All these shithouses like barrow and afc wimbledon that weve struggled away against bty a fune margin we blow away on ours and wembleys big open pitch. Crewe would be a tougher proposition but ultimately we do what they are trying to do better than them.

We would massacre these pub sides at wembley. The only team id fear at wembley is wrexham because they have a lot of big game experience as a unit in recent seasons but i expect it will be us or wrexham that go up automatically. We shouldnt both land in playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:19 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

We would massacre these pub sides at wembley. The only team id fear at wembley is wrexham because they have a lot of big game experience as a unit in recent seasons but i expect it will be us or wrexham that go up automatically. We shouldnt both land in playoffs.

Big occasions change all this. We saved a penalty and had one of our own to beat Grimsby at Wembley - our squad was about the best in the league.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxz-gkou7 ... VwIGZpbmFs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next