THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: How we feeling?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:12 pm 

midfielder wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

We would massacre these pub sides at wembley. The only team id fear at wembley is wrexham because they have a lot of big game experience as a unit in recent seasons but i expect it will be us or wrexham that go up automatically. We shouldnt both land in playoffs.

Big occasions change all this. We saved a penalty and had one of our own to beat Grimsby at Wembley - our squad was about the best in the league.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxz-gkou7 ... VwIGZpbmFs

About? No question. We fucking owned the league that year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:38 am 

Adrian Durham said on talkSPORT, and not a direct quote because it was 15+ years ago, that on our day we looked like a continental side who could challenge the top sides in this country.. Good comments from a man who hates us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:43 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Adrian Durham said on talkSPORT, and not a direct quote because it was 15+ years ago, that on our day we looked like a continental side who could challenge the top sides in this country.. Good comments from a man who hates us.

Good for him. Man is still a dingleberry that hangs off a dogs arse.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:56 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Leighton wrote:
AB4 wrote:
I'd actually prefer to go up via the play offs. I know it sounds odd but I want the day out at Wembley and I fancy our chances. If we didn't go up, we'll be promoted as champions next season anyway.

A day out at Wembley would be nice

A day out at Wembley is pointless if you don't win. None of that "ah at least we got a day out at Wembley" nonsense.

Also, Wembley is shite. Good view aside, shit atmosphere, shit location, overpriced, shit security and stewarding. Other than the sentiment of Wembley in title form, its an incredibly overrated and underwhelming venue.

This from a Stockport fan below made me laugh as I immediately was reminded of your post
Quote:
I actually really enjoyed my day at Wembley last season. Was a beautiful sunny day and I thought Wembley looked fantastic in the sunshine.

Result was gutting but the game was tense and exciting (albeit lacking in many chances). I also was just happy to be there, given we'd had 2 league winning seasons recently I thought of it as something of a "free hit".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:35 pm 

:lol: fuck right off.

I've been to Wembley with Newport Pagnell twice, so no doubt I'd have been guilty of being exactly to Swans fans what we'd have.. loads of nonplussed locals using it as an excuse to see the big bright stadium. Which, cool for them but for me, its absolutely as overrated as anything.

I cannot for the life of me imagine coming away from a game where you've seen most/a lot of games in the season with your season ticket, or away games etc and being content with 'a day out' where your team loses the biggest game of the season. Could be played at London Road and I'd be equally as excited and nervous etc

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:06 pm 

The nightmare predicted
https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/03/20/mk- ... predicted/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:40 pm 

Tucker and Dean both trained this week, got to be a good thing, whether they’ll be involved v Stockport is another matter, but great to hear they’re on the brink of return for the run in :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:32 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Tucker and Dean both trained this week, got to be a good thing, whether they’ll be involved v Stockport is another matter, but great to hear they’re on the brink of return for the run in :D

Tucker being back is interesting. Presumably he replaces Williams/Norman and walks back in to the side. Not great news for Lewie.
Dennis has done well in the last few games but really can't wait for Dean to get back up to full fitness. Really miss all that he brings as a player and character

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:35 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Tucker being back is interesting. Presumably he replaces Williams/Norman and walks back in to the side. Not great news for Lewie.
Dennis has done well in the last few games but really can't wait for Dean to get back up to full fitness. Really miss all that he brings as a player and character

He won’t walk straight back in, especially with his recent injury. He’ll be gradually reintroduced and in those minutes, he’ll need to impress.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:46 pm 

epdon wrote:

Total bollocks though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next