THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: How we feeling?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 pm 

If we beat Stockport on Saturday think autos. Since MW has arrived we've picked up more points than anyone else in the league and in the last few games we've beaten 4th, 1st and should have beaten 3rd. Whilst sometimes the performances aren't always brilliant, the following performance is. Plus our last 3 games aren't particularly difficult when we should really be getting 9 points if we want to be promoted.

Choo F****n Choo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 pm 

Thanks to the moderators for deleting Council Kev’s racist/homophobic reply to my post. Hopefully the WUM has been banned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:18 pm 

We should also talk about 5G finally making it in to Stad:MK. We can now check other scores during the game.
What a time to be alive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:56 pm 

I’m nervous……automatics clinched on the last day would be perfect…I just fear for us if it’s the playoffs, especially if it’s them lot.
I just hope at the moment we can confirm playoffs ….minimum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:15 pm 

AB4 wrote:
I'd actually prefer to go up via the play offs. I know it sounds odd but I want the day out at Wembley and I fancy our chances. If we didn't go up, we'll be promoted as champions next season anyway.

A day out at Wembley would be nice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:17 pm 

donmentor wrote:
I believe the two points that Wrexham stole from us will cost us our promotion.

It was the referee whose stolen those points.....not the 'momentum' of Wrexham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:03 pm 

For the season as a whole, very happy with where we are of course as we've done amazingly well to get ourselves in the automatic promotion mix after such an awful start.

As regards automatic promotion, I think we're just going to fall short. We've played more games than 2nd and 3rd, and our away form remains pretty poor and with 4 of our remaining 7 away then we're going to have to change that very quickly!

Still a fantastic effort to be where we are after the terrible first couple of months, and we'd definitely have as good a chance as anyone if we have to take the play off route.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:29 pm 

I’m not sure why anyone would be worried about AFC Wimbledon in the playoffs. We’re a much better side than them.

I’d be very happy if it’s them we had to play.

However, the way we’re playing, I can’t see us not getting automatic promotion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:45 pm 

dons50 wrote:
I’m not sure why anyone would be worried about AFC Wimbledon in the playoffs. We’re a much better side than them.

Agreed on the first point. Not so much on the second. We’ve regularly shown we still have the capacity to throw in a stinker, and that’s something we can ill afford in these last seven games. Does any genuinely believe we won’t see at least one horror show in those remaining matches? Whether that proves fatal to our chances is the issue. We just need one of the three above to throw in a couple or more too. They’re just as capable of that. They’ve proven it too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:49 pm 

dons50 wrote:

Some of us (primarily enlightened folk) do not and will not ever recognise their existence, so the idea of playing 180 minutes of football (potentially more) and not seeing the game or knowing the result is not something I want to encounter. It also means we cannot get to the final if we play them in the semi-finals because you can’t get to a final without winning in the semi-finals and if we don’t see the game, does it really happen? I don’t think it does which means we’ll have had our season stopped at a play-off semi-final for a sixth time in 20 years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next