THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:22 am 

I thought the team was very professional tonight. I think we can and have played better than that but we showed a lot of discipline and were very determined. They are the best team in the league for me and we played them very well.

Sadly, i think our inconsistency and Dean being missing will leave us just short of the autos. Who the hell knows what happens in the playoffs, they are always wildly unpredictable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:51 pm 

Magpie wrote:
I thought the team was very professional tonight. I think we can and have played better than that but we showed a lot of discipline and were very determined. They are the best team in the league for me and we played them very well.

Sadly, i think our inconsistency and Dean being missing will leave us just short of the autos. Who the hell knows what happens in the playoffs, they are always wildly unpredictable.

Agreed. I said a couple of weeks ago I think we'll finish 4th and lose in the play offs. Though Dean's injury has hit us, it's not hit us as hard as I thought it would - and I mean that as a compliment to the rest of the squad rather than a dig at Dean.

I'm hoping Dean's injury will have a similar impact to that of Dele in 2014/15. IIRC he played so much and then began to fatigue a bit and missed some games towards the end due to injury. He came back for part of that final run and helped us get over the line. Max has run himself into the ground for us since cementing his place as first choice striker, let's hope he recovers well and comes back full of energy and drive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:03 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
That was a truly great performance, against a very good team with an excellent home record. I still think, with 10 games left, that we have yet to put in our season defining performance but we are getting closer.

We are going up, I think, but I'm not doing a Keyser Express this year. It's going to be very, very tight. But I just feel that L1 beckons.

UTF 8-)

Cow Shed chant this Saturday of "On our way ...we're on our way..."???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 pm 

Magpie wrote:

A Wembley day out would nice though

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:07 pm 

Autos please, don't think my member's ticker would like the lottery of the play-offs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:12 pm 

Leighton wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
That was a truly great performance, against a very good team with an excellent home record. I still think, with 10 games left, that we have yet to put in our season defining performance but we are getting closer.

We are going up, I think, but I'm not doing a Keyser Express this year. It's going to be very, very tight. But I just feel that L1 beckons.

UTF 8-)

Cow Shed chant this Saturday of "On our way ...we're on our way..."???

If so can we sing '..up to League 1..' rather than '...to the league 1..'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:13 pm 

Back on planet earth ;) we need to win more than one game in a row and go on a winning run. We are against King Robbo Saturday and he won't want to do us any favours.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:33 pm 

We also need to win some games by more than the odd goal or two, rather than always just “managing the game out”. It would be really frustrating to miss out on goal difference.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:24 pm 

epdon wrote:
We also need to win some games by more than the odd goal or two, rather than always just “managing the game out”. It would be really frustrating to miss out on goal difference.

We are cr*p, let's be honest. :ugeek:
MW out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:27 pm 

epdon wrote:

Yep, with the quality we've got in our squad we should be doing some of these teams by 5 or 6. The Newport and AFC games at home were both prime examples of us taking our foot off the gas when there were plenty of goals to be had out there.