THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Investigation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:00 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Im in the whats the point camp though? whats the outcome likely to be? seems a waste of precious time and energy to me.

The drafting of a strongly-worded letter, and even - quite possibly - the sending of it, too.

As far as I'm aware from people who went, nobody has been hurt and nothing happened other than people being inconvenienced in a number of creative and childish ways. Having an investigation about it just smacks of the SA and the SB wanting to feel important.

I think if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be laughing at them for submitting an investigation, rise above it and don't sink to their pathetic level. We're still going up and they aren't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:13 pm 

I am firmly in the "don't bother" camp too. We can all see what they were playing at. Just don't feed the trolls.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:11 pm 

They love to word these things to sound far more important than they actually are do the current crop of DSA minions.

Pre-game nothing had changed since last time other than the fact that we queued up a little bit nicer and got marched a different way. The one turnstile thing from what I can see will be the same with every away team so it isn't just us.

The warm ups... presuming nobody actually got hurt (I haven't seen that that's the case) just take the piss at the player for being a shit shot and move on.

The stewarding is probably worth a complaint mind you, but I really don't think it's worth much more than that and when you have Liam Sweeting directly in the away end, the club will already be aware of it.

The whole day looking back is laughable. It really affirmed how much they care about us judging by the scenes post match and that's the main thing I'm taking from it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:21 pm 

Use this as a reason not to fucking give them any money. No point in an investigation. I will never go to their ground and I stick by that. If I wanted to pay to get treated like shit there will be a much better way involving a lady of the night, a stiletto heel and my knackers. Least the money would be going to a better cause than AFC fucking Wimbledon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:56 pm 

I agree it's hard to see what we will gain from an official investigation. At the same time, it's clear that we are treated differently to any other club when we go there, so I understand the clubs frustrations.

When we first played at Kingsmeadow there was a lot of fuss and complaints about them not using our name on the scoreboard or programme. Did it achieve anything? Admittedly I wasn't there Saturday, but I don't imagine they used our name, so that shows you what good complaining did. 7 years on from our first meeting there and nothing has changed. Best thing to do is just laugh at their pettiness, because it is genuinely hilarious at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:19 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
I agree it's hard to see what we will gain from an official investigation. At the same time, it's clear that we are treated differently to any other club when we go there, so I understand the clubs frustrations.

When we first played at Kingsmeadow there was a lot of fuss and complaints about them not using our name on the scoreboard or programme. Did it achieve anything? Admittedly I wasn't there Saturday, but I don't imagine they used our name, so that shows you what good complaining did. 7 years on from our first meeting there and nothing has changed. Best thing to do is just laugh at their pettiness, because it is genuinely hilarious at this point.

They had a nice big scoreboard with our badge on it none of us would have seen it as it was in the corner of the stand we were sat at

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:20 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Use this as a reason not to fucking give them any money. No point in an investigation. I will never go to their ground and I stick by that. If I wanted to pay to get treated like shit there will be a much better way involving a lady of the night, a stiletto heel and my knackers. Least the money would be going to a better cause than AFC fucking Wimbledon

Photos?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:23 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Im in the whats the point camp though? whats the outcome likely to be? seems a waste of precious time and energy to me.

The drafting of a strongly-worded letter, and even - quite possibly - the sending of it, too.

As far as I'm aware from people who went, nobody has been hurt and nothing happened other than people being inconvenienced in a number of creative and childish ways. Having an investigation about it just smacks of the SA and the SB wanting to feel important.

I think if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be laughing at them for submitting an investigation, rise above it and don't sink to their pathetic level. We're still going up and they aren't.

This. They will be in this league for a while, and I rather fancy their eventual way out of it will be at the bottom end than the top.

We are much better than them and we should just rise above it. It is they who depend on us for the oxygen of their existence, not the other way round.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:52 pm 

If it could lead to them being penalised why wouldn't you....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:53 pm 

I've sent them an email regarding the stewarding. Unsure if that's the club or the company of which the stewarding is sending out.

I was denied access to the toilet in the middle of the game (which even one of the other stewards near my seat agreed was out of order and offered to take me to the toilet, which I obviously refused because that's frankly ridiculous that that has to happen) and post match held behind, which is understandable and not on the police this bit, denied back into through the turnstiles to go for a piss.

As I said, this isn't anything directly at the club unless the club instructed them to deny us access to toilets from the stands, which even for them I doubt.. I think this is more on the stewards they hire, which will be third party and have recieved complaints from almost every club since they moved into the Cherry Red Records Stadium.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next