THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 am 

First one of the January Window...

Hidden way down the article is a mention that we’re tracking Mansfield’s Danny Rose (along with Coventry & Notts Co.):

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/ ... l-13872535

Last edited by Camdenite on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:48 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
First one of the January Window...

Hidden way down the article is a mention that we’re tracking Mansfield’s Danny Rosoe (along with Coventry & Notts Co.):

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/ ... l-13872535

Watched bits of the live game on tv at the weekend, he is definitely a goalscorer, not a bad player to be honest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:25 am 
Found this piece that someone had written about how we should go for Niall McGinn (ex-Aberdeen and NI international) who is a free agent as of this month:

http://aboutmiltonkeynes.co.uk/mk-dons- ... ll-mcginn/

Makes sense - played alongside Pawlett at Aberdeen, and had a decent record for them - 62 goals and 44 assists in 206 SPL games. Also has EFL experience. Scored against Ukraine in Euro 2016 for Northern Ireland.

He's 30, and been playing South Korea where he didn't really take off but I'm sure Neilson would know him quite well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:15 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Found this piece that someone had written about how we should go for Niall McGinn (ex-Aberdeen and NI international) who is a free agent as of this month:

Makes sense - played alongside Pawlett at Aberdeen, and had a decent record for them - 62 goals and 44 assists in 206 SPL games. Also has EFL experience. Scored against Ukraine in Euro 2016 for Northern Ireland.

He's 30, and been playing South Korea where he didn't really take off but I'm sure Neilson would know him quite well.

Yes but can he have long spells out with injuries? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:31 am 

FilthyDon wrote:

Good good player trust me. Hearts linked too though.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am 

Early contender for the most pointless thread of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Early contender for the most pointless thread of the year.

There are surely more pointless ones from the last 11 months. Probably posted by me!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm 

A friend of mine, an international business fella, (I'm being genuine here. He's a senior government advisor) recently pm'd on twitter with this...

"You'll like this. I am in Baku and at lunch was introduced to a fellow who plays for rangers but is on loan here. He's called Andy Halliday . I confess I didn't know who he was but he seems a nice lad! Said he's dying to get back to Glasgow- and that he fell out with the last manager, the Portuguese one I assume. Looking at going to mk dons in January if rangers don't want him back as he knows the manager there. Do you know him?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:04 pm 

Gers wrote:
A friend of mine, an international business fella, (I'm being genuine here. He's a senior government advisor) recently pm'd on twitter with this...

"You'll like this. I am in Baku and at lunch was introduced to a fellow who plays for rangers but is on loan here. He's called Andy Halliday . I confess I didn't know who he was but he seems a nice lad! Said he's dying to get back to Glasgow- and that he fell out with the last manager, the Portuguese one I assume. Looking at going to mk dons in January if rangers don't want him back as he knows the manager there. Do you know him?"

I don't know who the manager will be in January. Depends how we do in December. I wonder if that Neilson is fired in the next month that would scupper any potential transfers that are already underway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:30 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... onald.html

Coventry fan mate of mine has said he's way too good for League 2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next