THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:34 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 pm
Posts: 115
I'd heard that he'd fallen out with DM and was training with Aberdeen.

_________________
Steampunk Don (formerly BongoDon)
Living in a future there never was.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 19
spoke to Pawlet yesterday. he seems excited about future and said he will be back in a couple of weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 416
FilthyDon wrote:
Connor Furlong also recalled apparently from Aylesbury


It was due to expire on Wednesday anyway, so unless they have a game Tuesday then it’s not really an early recall.

What will be interesting this next couple of days is whether Dan Micciche loans out any of the fringe players? Robbie Neilson went on record as saying he was definitely planning to but DM hasn’t said anything on that matter. In a way, I’d sooner they were training under DM currently. For once, that may be of bigger benefit than actually getting games elsewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:36 am
Posts: 697
Camdenite wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Connor Furlong also recalled apparently from Aylesbury


It was due to expire on Wednesday anyway, so unless they have a game Tuesday then it’s not really an early recall.

What will be interesting this next couple of days is whether Dan Micciche loans out any of the fringe players? Robbie Neilson went on record as saying he was definitely planning to but DM hasn’t said anything on that matter. In a way, I’d sooner they were training under DM currently. For once, that may be of bigger benefit than actually getting games elsewhere.

I'm not sure if the end of the January Window counts at the low levels that Tilney and Furlong were at. I think the semi-professional leagues can carry on getting loans until March, like we could until recently. If so, DM can have a look at them and then choose to loan them out later. But there's probably only those two that would go down to that level, anyone else would have to go before February.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 416
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I'm not sure if the end of the January Window counts at the low levels that Tilney and Furlong were at. I think the semi-professional leagues can carry on getting loans until March, like we could until recently. If so, DM can have a look at them and then choose to loan them out later. But there's probably only those two that would go down to that level, anyone else would have to go before February.


Fair point re>the “non-closure” of the window in respect of loans to that level. I’m not sure the likes of Jackson, Logan, Kasumu, Nombe etc. are ready to play any higher than Confernce North/South though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:50 pm
Posts: 168
Starts today's U23 game away at Southend.


_________________
Dippy by name, Dippy by nature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 69
Camdenite wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I'm not sure if the end of the January Window counts at the low levels that Tilney and Furlong were at. I think the semi-professional leagues can carry on getting loans until March, like we could until recently. If so, DM can have a look at them and then choose to loan them out later. But there's probably only those two that would go down to that level, anyone else would have to go before February.


Fair point re>the “non-closure” of the window in respect of loans to that level. I’m not sure the likes of Jackson, Logan, Kasumu, Nombe etc. are ready to play any higher than Confernce North/South though.


Jackson is joining a championship team next season on a free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 416
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Fair point re>the “non-closure” of the window in respect of loans to that level. I’m not sure the likes of Jackson, Logan, Kasumu, Nombe etc. are ready to play any higher than Confernce North/South though.


Jackson is joining a championship team next season on a free


He might well do, but I'm talking in the here and now. Any club that picks him up is buying potential, not a first team ready football league player.

Anyway, that's quite a bold claim. Care to share how you came by this knowledge?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 69
Same way I learn everythimg, as far as I know it's true. Be joining up with their U23 squad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 529
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Same way I learn everythimg, as far as I know it's true. Be joining up with their U23 squad


Your mother told you?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group