THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben Tilney
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:55 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Connor Furlong also recalled apparently from Aylesbury

It was due to expire on Wednesday anyway, so unless they have a game Tuesday then it’s not really an early recall.

What will be interesting this next couple of days is whether Dan Micciche loans out any of the fringe players? Robbie Neilson went on record as saying he was definitely planning to but DM hasn’t said anything on that matter. In a way, I’d sooner they were training under DM currently. For once, that may be of bigger benefit than actually getting games elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I'm not sure if the end of the January Window counts at the low levels that Tilney and Furlong were at. I think the semi-professional leagues can carry on getting loans until March, like we could until recently. If so, DM can have a look at them and then choose to loan them out later. But there's probably only those two that would go down to that level, anyone else would have to go before February.

Fair point re>the “non-closure” of the window in respect of loans to that level. I’m not sure the likes of Jackson, Logan, Kasumu, Nombe etc. are ready to play any higher than Confernce North/South though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 pm 

Starts today's U23 game away at Southend.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/958317273625788418[/tweet]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I'm not sure if the end of the January Window counts at the low levels that Tilney and Furlong were at. I think the semi-professional leagues can carry on getting loans until March, like we could until recently. If so, DM can have a look at them and then choose to loan them out later. But there's probably only those two that would go down to that level, anyone else would have to go before February.

Fair point re>the “non-closure” of the window in respect of loans to that level. I’m not sure the likes of Jackson, Logan, Kasumu, Nombe etc. are ready to play any higher than Confernce North/South though.

Jackson is joining a championship team next season on a free

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Jackson is joining a championship team next season on a free

He might well do, but I'm talking in the here and now. Any club that picks him up is buying potential, not a first team ready football league player.

Anyway, that's quite a bold claim. Care to share how you came by this knowledge?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm 

Same way I learn everythimg, as far as I know it's true. Be joining up with their U23 squad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Same way I learn everythimg, as far as I know it's true. Be joining up with their U23 squad

Your mother told you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:

If he does go I assume we get a small fee decided at a tribunal. Anyone know if that is correct?

I had high hopes for him here but he has never really had a chance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm 
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Was about to post about him - he seems a bit of an anomaly within the squad. Been around as a pro for 2 seasons now, but only sent out for a single short loan spell, yet doesn't seem to get anywhere near the first team squad.

Good move for both parties.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm 

He’s a proper good player. If we had Karl Robinson here he’d have played a lot more. Robbie Neilson is a bottle job.

Apparently.

UTF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next