THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Don't lose your rag
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:30 pm 

I agree the banter is great, but we didn’t actually expect MJ to go over and knock him out.

That was Pell’s specific intention.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:02 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:
sk8mk wrote:
Is it worth getting the clubs to investigate the safety issue of funnelling our entire fan base through a small entrance 10 mins before kickoff to a wall of stewards blocking the path where they wanted to individually check every ticket. Honestly never seen such bad logistics trying to get to my seat, and genuinely felt there could have easily been a crush with more fans trying to get in. Surprised that’s not a huge health and safety failure.

If there had been injuries or worse in a crush, you can be sure there would be plenty celebrating in South London today. The people that run that place went out of their way to make it as uncomfortable as possible - you would think football would have learned from crush incidents in the past.

We will turn up at Mansfield on Tuesday, big game which both teams will want to win, but I don’t for a minute think the owners of Mansfield will seek to place our safety at risk.

Pathetic, that’s what AFC are and I won’t be going back.

Bu the way, don’t forget their number 8 Harry Pell who spent the entire warm up hitting balls as hard as he could into our stand with the sole purpose of trying to hurt somebody who didn’t see the ball coming. Pathetic, that’s the word.

Very unprofessional that if true.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:43 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:
sk8mk wrote:
Is it worth getting the clubs to investigate the safety issue of funnelling our entire fan base through a small entrance 10 mins before kickoff to a wall of stewards blocking the path where they wanted to individually check every ticket. Honestly never seen such bad logistics trying to get to my seat, and genuinely felt there could have easily been a crush with more fans trying to get in. Surprised that’s not a huge health and safety failure.

If there had been injuries or worse in a crush, you can be sure there would be plenty celebrating in South London today. The people that run that place went out of their way to make it as uncomfortable as possible - you would think football would have learned from crush incidents in the past.

We will turn up at Mansfield on Tuesday, big game which both teams will want to win, but I don’t for a minute think the owners of Mansfield will seek to place our safety at risk.

Pathetic, that’s what AFC are and I won’t be going back.

Bu the way, don’t forget their number 8 Harry Pell who spent the entire warm up hitting balls as hard as he could into our stand with the sole purpose of trying to hurt somebody who didn’t see the ball coming. Pathetic, that’s the word.

Very unprofessional that if true.

There's video of it. Another one for the list of "we may be flawed but we would never house that here in MK".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:14 pm 

I'm honestly not sure why we allow ourselves to get wound up about it. It's football and entertainment. Let's just enjoy it.
The more it pisses you off, the less you'll have a good time

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:59 pm 

AB4 wrote:
I'm honestly not sure why we allow ourselves to get wound up about it. It's football and entertainment. Let's just enjoy it.

I said to a lad near me when their player was going along with the banter that it's a good thing. Interacting with fans, making a real deal out of fun chants, caring for his club, we all moan footballers are stiff and wooden and they weren't. Don't know about Pell's target practice thing as I didn't see it but the other stuff I had no problem with tbh

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:39 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
AB4 wrote:

I said to a lad near me when their player was going along with the banter that it's a good thing. Interacting with fans, making a real deal out of fun chants, caring for his club, we all moan footballers are stiff and wooden and they weren't. Don't know about Pell's target practice thing as I didn't see it but the other stuff I had no problem with tbh

Yep. These guys aren't robots. I know they have to almost ignore the crowd at times but it's so much better when they should their personality

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:27 pm 

AB4 wrote:

I'll let Sphere know that Dons50 has hijacked your account.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:54 am 

Would you make any changes for the Mansfield game or stick to the same starting 11?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:56 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Would you make any changes for the Mansfield game or stick to the same starting 11?

I'd bring Harrison in up top and keep the rest the same. Weare can come at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:29 am 

AB4 wrote:
Weare can come at some point.

Hopefully not too soon

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next