THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Don't lose your rag
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:21 pm 

Funny listening to their commentators on I follow while watching, the opposition this, the opposition that...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:49 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Funny listening to their commentators on I follow while watching, the opposition this, the opposition that...

'Puerile' is the word I'd use.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:02 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:

First time I’ve heard these opposition commentators, it must take a lot of practice not to mention a teams name, or any players name for a whole match, it’s juvenile, pathetic and playground babyish behaviour, if you were only listening to this you’d have no idea what the fuck was happening in the game.

Going back to the original OP, I can accept a loss and not get wound up about it, but we were seriously shit today and our away form in general is awful, even to get a play off spot we have to sort out our form on the road, need to be a tougher team physically, we’re far to easy to bully off the ball in the middle of the park, I’d have bought on MJ today to put more bite in midfield, Payne and Bate, technically very good players but are easily shoved off the ball.

Going to be a big test again Tuesday at Mansfield

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:20 pm 

We wouldn't feel nearly so shite had there been two 1-1 draws between the sides - and got two points - this season, but as it is, we have three points out of the encounters and that's not too shabby. Let them have their cup final; they are going nowhere this season, again, and we should make the playoffs. No big deal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:55 am 

Is it worth getting the clubs to investigate the safety issue of funnelling our entire fan base through a small entrance 10 mins before kickoff to a wall of stewards blocking the path where they wanted to individually check every ticket. Honestly never seen such bad logistics trying to get to my seat, and genuinely felt there could have easily been a crush with more fans trying to get in. Surprised that’s not a huge health and safety failure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:21 am 

sk8mk wrote:
Is it worth getting the clubs to investigate the safety issue of funnelling our entire fan base through a small entrance 10 mins before kickoff to a wall of stewards blocking the path where they wanted to individually check every ticket. Honestly never seen such bad logistics trying to get to my seat, and genuinely felt there could have easily been a crush with more fans trying to get in. Surprised that’s not a huge health and safety failure.

It was bad enough getting in the stadium with the 1 turnstile open. If the team bus hadn't been late, we'd have missed kick off. Took 45 mins to get about 400 of us in (half were already inside). Then we had to contend with another blockage getting to the seats.
Tob be fair, the fans were decent enough and I never felt like some of the kids in the queue were going to get trampled on.
Unfortunately, if you treat the away fans badly on the way in, there is more chance of issues during the game.
I did think the police were very good though. Defused most of the annoyance of being kept in a pen for 35 mins and moved the caravan of fans along to the station without too many problems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:30 pm 

Yeah, thought the police handled everything well and weren't heavy handed as has been the case at previous high temperature fixtures. The stewarding on the other hand was a joke. Wasn't even allowed to the toilet without my ticket.

It's like they were doing everything legal to inconvenience us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:08 pm 

sk8mk wrote:

If there had been injuries or worse in a crush, you can be sure there would be plenty celebrating in South London today. The people that run that place went out of their way to make it as uncomfortable as possible - you would think football would have learned from crush incidents in the past.

We will turn up at Mansfield on Tuesday, big game which both teams will want to win, but I don’t for a minute think the owners of Mansfield will seek to place our safety at risk.

Pathetic, that’s what AFC are and I won’t be going back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:17 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
sk8mk wrote:

If there had been injuries or worse in a crush, you can be sure there would be plenty celebrating in South London today. The people that run that place went out of their way to make it as uncomfortable as possible - you would think football would have learned from crush incidents in the past.

We will turn up at Mansfield on Tuesday, big game which both teams will want to win, but I don’t for a minute think the owners of Mansfield will seek to place our safety at risk.

Bu the way, don’t forget their number 8 Harry Pell who spent the entire warm up hitting balls as hard as he could into our stand with the sole purpose of trying to hurt somebody who didn’t see the ball coming. Pathetic, that’s the word.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:24 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:
sk8mk wrote:

Bu the way, don’t forget their number 8 Harry Pell who spent the entire warm up hitting balls as hard as he could into our stand with the sole purpose of trying to hurt somebody who didn’t see the ball coming. Pathetic, that’s the word.

We were giving their subs plenty of stick though. We shouldn't be giving it if we can't take it.
I enjoy the interaction between the away fans and players (both teams). Even if it is some shithousery.
Singing 'MJ, knock him out, MJ, MJ kick him out' was good fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next