THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Don't lose your rag
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Would you make any changes for the Mansfield game or stick to the same starting 11?

Been saying for weeks now, Payne and Bate shouldn't play together in a midfield 2. They looked convincing at home to a poor Newport side but apart from that I'm not sure it's worked. They're both great players and I have no idea who you leave out of the team but I really think we need either Robson or MJ in that midfield. Especially in a game as tough as tomorrow night will be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:59 am 

Its not about losing my rag but it is about being disappointed with the performance we put on. ( I didnt go in the end for a variety of reasons but did watch it on Ifollow).

The team just didnt show up and for some reason went longish. Im sure it was a pre planned tactic but I just dont understand why. AFC played OK and pretty much delivered their standard level of performance whareas we seem to abandon all that we did against newport for a version of football that doesnt really suit the players we have or the team we were able to select. If we had gotten away with a draw I would have taken that but would still have been disappointed with the way we went about it.

Another late away goal conceded due to overcommitting and key stone cops defending when under pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:23 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Another late away goal conceded due to overcommitting and key stone cops defending when under pressure.

"If you can't win, don't lose". Something we need to adopt.

Barrow, AFC and Morecambe. All games we have become too desperate to win in and pushed way too many men forward, only to find ourselves outnumbered when they counter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:41 pm 

Yeah I must admit at around 75 mins I conceded a point would be great. Not because I thought we'd lose, but because I couldn't see us winning and we'd leave ourselves open and that's what happened.

I might be missing something but I am starting to find the Gilbey on the wing thing really distracting. He worked his ass off don't get me wrong, tried his best and has cropped up with a good few goals from that position so in that aspect its working. But I do feel he'd score if he had a central role with license to go forward, think he and Payne are suited to each others roles better but what do I know.

And as previously mentioned, it isn't because it's them so much its Morecambe, Barrow and this that is totalling up. Some of Graham Alexander's final words were; "we have unbelievable ways of shooting ourselves in the foot" and, yeah..

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:15 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Yeah I must admit at around 75 mins I conceded a point would be great. Not because I thought we'd lose, but because I couldn't see us winning and we'd leave ourselves open and that's what happened.

I might be missing something but I am starting to find the Gilbey on the wing thing really distracting. He worked his ass off don't get me wrong, tried his best and has cropped up with a good few goals from that position so in that aspect its working. But I do feel he'd score if he had a central role with license to go forward, think he and Payne are suited to each others roles better but what do I know.

And as previously mentioned, it isn't because it's them so much its Morecambe, Barrow and this that is totalling up. Some of Graham Alexander's final words were; "we have unbelievable ways of shooting ourselves in the foot" and, yeah..

I think we need Payne in that CDM position. We don't have anyone else in the team, Bate included, that is as good as him at linking defense to attack. Can't remember the game, but we did play him further him recently and it didn't work. He was far less influential and we looked worse off.

Neither Gilbey or Kemp should be on the wings, are we have WB's for that. They should both be playing a free role, where they occasionally go out wide but also play directly behind the striker. Saying that, I honestly have no idea what Gilbey's best position would be. He's good at everything, but rarely great.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:51 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

I think we need Payne in that CDM position. We don't have anyone else in the team, Bate included, that is as good as him at linking defense to attack. Can't remember the game, but we did play him further him recently and it didn't work. He was far less influential and we looked worse off.

Neither Gilbey or Kemp should be on the wings, are we have WB's for that. They should both be playing a free role, where they occasionally go out wide but also play directly behind the striker. Saying that, I honestly have no idea what Gilbey's best position would be. He's good at everything, but rarely great.

I think in the end, MW is going to have to make a tough decision and decide who out of Kemp/Gilbey/Payne/Bate he going to play with. 4 into 3 just dont go. When or if max is back, then hes going to have to add Wearne to that list as well

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:16 pm 

Yes I'd make changes - Harrison up top, Wearne and Kemp behind. Gilbey drops to the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:06 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
sk8mk wrote:
Is it worth getting the clubs to investigate the safety issue of funnelling our entire fan base through a small entrance 10 mins before kickoff to a wall of stewards blocking the path where they wanted to individually check every ticket. Honestly never seen such bad logistics trying to get to my seat, and genuinely felt there could have easily been a crush with more fans trying to get in. Surprised that’s not a huge health and safety failure.

If there had been injuries or worse in a crush, you can be sure there would be plenty celebrating in South London today. The people that run that place went out of their way to make it as uncomfortable as possible - you would think football would have learned from crush incidents in the past.

We will turn up at Mansfield on Tuesday, big game which both teams will want to win, but I don’t for a minute think the owners of Mansfield will seek to place our safety at risk.

Pathetic, that’s what AFC are and I won’t be going back.

I didn't go and there is no way I'd go with my kids

After hearing all the nonsense from this fixture I'd hope people do still going though so they can share it even louder to cheer Dons on

AFC have been beyond awful for this week be even by their low standards

Let's hope to God we are waving down on them from league 1 next season

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:57 pm 

Honestly, the two times we've been there, no bubble remember, we've had less trouble than we've had at Northampton on several previous visits. And even, arguably Wycombe.

It's more an issue of logistics and whatnot that should put people off - said elsewhere if this were Barnet, or Orient and it were this way for example, I'd give it a miss unless absolutely necessary.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:50 pm 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4Dp_TOo ... V2M2JybHd5

Crowd trouble.