THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: THE MELTDOWN – AFC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:49 pm 

THE MELTDOWN – AFC
I’ve not gone, I’m not bothered, I’ve done it before to tick it off the list, and that will probably be that unless circumstances change….playoffs and all that…..but I just can’t be doing with all the bollocks that goes with this fixture, and it appears they are at it again, delaying the opening of the turnstiles and having just the one open to get over 800 Dons fans in….honestly …its bloody pathetic.

I will be watching on IFollow, probably with their commentary.

The team news is in, no changes for us, but I did spot one of their centre halves is back, and that thug John-Joe O’Toole starts for them, so I’m fully expecting him to try and get under our skin, he’s done it before.

Here we go, Ref Charles Breakspear leads the teams out.

Only a few minutes in and O’Toole is already at it, fouling Cam Norman at a corner.

That’s Kelly booked….a ball over the top, and Kelly gets there second and catches the player.

I think it’s clear already with a number of questionable challenges by AFC they are going to try and bully us…..and there’s another for good measure.

10 minutes in and the home comms have failed to mention us even once, although in a brief slip he did call us the visitors.

The AFC midfield are working hard, and you have to say so far we have come off second best.

Looks like Breakspear is only seeing this one way at the moment, AFC are leaving a foot in, and the ref waves play on…not liking this so far.

AFC comms are now suggesting our team coach delayed was a deliberate ploy to disrupt the AFC pre-match warm up.

I get the feeling that AFC are playing at the top of their game, we are clearly nowhere near our A game, we are defin8itley not matching them at the moment.

I can see this not finishing 11v11, Little is booked for hacking down Gilbey, and Wearne is booked for having the audacity to complain about it.
30 minutes gone and we are under the cosh, I hate to say this, it’s coming.

Looking round the pitch and some of ours are anonymous, Kemp, Wearne, Bate, nowhere to be seen.

No 4 in the book, awful challenge on Cam Norman by Josh Kelly who has already got away with a few.

Bugiel takes out Harvie, Breakspear calls it, and the AFC player mouths “who me”. Kelly comes in with another dubious challenge, he must be walking a tightrope….mustn’t he.

Hold the front page…we have a shot bang on the end of injury time, but Gilbey’s weak effort only brings jeers from the home crowd.

Half Time …total non-event from us so far, AFC are bossing it I’d say, MW needs to work his magic as currently this can only go one way even though we have 70% possession and have struggled to get half way up the pitch, we need to force them back.

Second half and Bugiel has stopped his fouling and decided to throw himself on the floor at every given opportunity like he’s a victim of a drive by shooting.
Harvie is now booked….after being warned a few minutes earlier…justified.

That’s awful by Breakspear, Lofthouse clearly gets the ball and is booked as the AFC man goes down dramatically.

Let me tell you again, lots of possession, but we have no grip on this game whatsoever, and that red card is coming…who gets it.

Bugiel fouls Norman again, then he claims he has come off worst and is moaning at the ref.

The game looks to be opening up a bit….as Kelly produces another late challenge and guess what ….Gilbey is booked.

Harrison comes on for Lofthouse who was starting to look a bit leggy……Breakspear has no grip on this game one bit, its easy to see how he has not been promoted…no clue whatsoever, I make that about 5 dubious challenges by Kelly, he could have had 5 yellow cards by now.

20 minutes to go…this is painful and so is this commentary, this guy should be jailed for crimes against broadcasting.

Tezgel is coming on for Kemp…..this is his chance to turn himself into a legend.

And now Norman is booked for a cynical foul on halfway.

OMG AFC hit the cross bar….I’m now hiding behind the sofa.

I make that about 10 cards so far, 6 for us which I think is a fine.

Hold that…its now 11 as John-Joe O’Toole is booked.

Some team appear to have scored….Fuck It.

Its after time…no chance to respond, I can’t say as we deserved much if anything, I think AFC have just won the World Cup they way they are celebrating….who can blame them…we would have.

It’s all over, there’s a bit of handbags but it comes to nothing.

Back to the drawing board then as a determined team get the better of us, and not for the last or first time. We are maybe classy in possession but if we face a bit of grit and muscle, we don’t look that great.

I’ll see you soon.

WD

Post subject: Re: THE MELTDOWN – AFC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:26 pm 

WellDon wrote:
THE MELTDOWN – AFC
I’ve not gone, I’m not bothered, I’ve done it before to tick it off the list, and that will probably be that unless circumstances change….playoffs and all that…..but I just can’t be doing with all the bollocks that goes with this fixture, and it appears they are at it again, delaying the opening of the turnstiles and having just the one open to get over 800 Dons fans in….honestly …its bloody pathetic.

I will be watching on IFollow, probably with their commentary.

The team news is in, no changes for us, but I did spot one of their centre halves is back, and that thug John-Joe O’Toole starts for them, so I’m fully expecting him to try and get under our skin, he’s done it before.

Here we go, Ref Charles Breakspear leads the teams out.

Only a few minutes in and O’Toole is already at it, fouling Cam Norman at a corner.

That’s Kelly booked….a ball over the top, and Kelly gets there second and catches the player.

I think it’s clear already with a number of questionable challenges by AFC they are going to try and bully us…..and there’s another for good measure.

10 minutes in and the home comms have failed to mention us even once, although in a brief slip he did call us the visitors.

The AFC midfield are working hard, and you have to say so far we have come off second best.

Looks like Breakspear is only seeing this one way at the moment, AFC are leaving a foot in, and the ref waves play on…not liking this so far.

AFC comms are now suggesting our team coach delayed was a deliberate ploy to disrupt the AFC pre-match warm up.

I get the feeling that AFC are playing at the top of their game, we are clearly nowhere near our A game, we are defin8itley not matching them at the moment.

I can see this not finishing 11v11, Little is booked for hacking down Gilbey, and Wearne is booked for having the audacity to complain about it.
30 minutes gone and we are under the cosh, I hate to say this, it’s coming.

Looking round the pitch and some of ours are anonymous, Kemp, Wearne, Bate, nowhere to be seen.

No 4 in the book, awful challenge on Cam Norman by Josh Kelly who has already got away with a few.

Bugiel takes out Harvie, Breakspear calls it, and the AFC player mouths “who me”. Kelly comes in with another dubious challenge, he must be walking a tightrope….mustn’t he.

Hold the front page…we have a shot bang on the end of injury time, but Gilbey’s weak effort only brings jeers from the home crowd.

Half Time …total non-event from us so far, AFC are bossing it I’d say, MW needs to work his magic as currently this can only go one way even though we have 70% possession and have struggled to get half way up the pitch, we need to force them back.

Second half and Bugiel has stopped his fouling and decided to throw himself on the floor at every given opportunity like he’s a victim of a drive by shooting.
Harvie is now booked….after being warned a few minutes earlier…justified.

That’s awful by Breakspear, Lofthouse clearly gets the ball and is booked as the AFC man goes down dramatically.

Let me tell you again, lots of possession, but we have no grip on this game whatsoever, and that red card is coming…who gets it.

Bugiel fouls Norman again, then he claims he has come off worst and is moaning at the ref.

The game looks to be opening up a bit….as Kelly produces another late challenge and guess what ….Gilbey is booked.

Harrison comes on for Lofthouse who was starting to look a bit leggy……Breakspear has no grip on this game one bit, its easy to see how he has not been promoted…no clue whatsoever, I make that about 5 dubious challenges by Kelly, he could have had 5 yellow cards by now.

20 minutes to go…this is painful and so is this commentary, this guy should be jailed for crimes against broadcasting.

Tezgel is coming on for Kemp…..this is his chance to turn himself into a legend.

And now Norman is booked for a cynical foul on halfway.

OMG AFC hit the cross bar….I’m now hiding behind the sofa.

I make that about 10 cards so far, 6 for us which I think is a fine.

Hold that…its now 11 as John-Joe O’Toole is booked.

Some team appear to have scored….Fuck It.

Its after time…no chance to respond, I can’t say as we deserved much if anything, I think AFC have just won the World Cup they way they are celebrating….who can blame them…we would have.

It’s all over, there’s a bit of handbags but it comes to nothing.

Back to the drawing board then as a determined team get the better of us, and not for the last or first time. We are maybe classy in possession but if we face a bit of grit and muscle, we don’t look that great.

I’ll see you soon.

WD

iFollow commentary came back about 10 minutes in. What a horrid game!?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:33 pm 

Deserved nothing and got nothing. First game I have seen where I have actually missed dean. Not saying the cover hasn't been good but today we lacked upfront.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm 

Pretty much agree with all of the post. Its the last game I will watch on Ifollow against them. Just dull drab commentary by the 2 pubic hairs doing it. The whole thing is just tiresome. Being referred to as the opposition and our players as the opponent, how old are they?Awful game all round really. We were ok considering their home advantage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:02 pm 

If the worst thing that happens in your/my/our life is that we lose 1-0 to afc Wimbledon you/I/we will live happily.
(No I haven't had a drink yet).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:04 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
If the worst thing that happens in your/my/our life is that we lose 1-0 to afc Wimbledon you/I/we will live happily.

Thought so

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:07 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

Thought so

It won't last.... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:43 pm 

I went again but I can’t see me going back there.

Their pathetic efforts to make us as unwelcome as possible, crammed 800 people through two gates to get in. Then kettled by the Met for half an hour after full time, before they paraded us all up Plough Lane together to see if they could find anybody to give us a kicking. Hard to imagine what they could have done worse to ensure supporter safety.

The whole thing is pathetic and I have reached the age where I don’t need to go to football where the main focus of the host club is intimidation. Best simply not to go - there are plenty places we visit that make for a good day out but that place will never be one of them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:51 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:

Their pathetic efforts to make us as unwelcome as possible, crammed 800 people through two gates to get in. Then kettled by the Met for half an hour after full time, before they paraded us all up Plough Lane together to see if they could find anybody to give us a kicking. Hard to imagine what they could have done worse to ensure supporter safety.

The whole thing is pathetic and I have reached the age where I don’t need to go to football where the main focus of the host club is intimidation. Best simply not to go - there are plenty places we visit that make for a good day out but that place will never be one of them.

(I don't say this in a condescending way at all but....) I came to that conclusion long ago. Glad you've 'seen the light'!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:54 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:

I've never been there and never will. I know plenty of our fans who have gone there and absolutely none of them have returned with positive reviews. It just sounds like a horrible day out all round, regardless of the result.