THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: THE MELTDOWN – AFC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:34 pm 

I'd already got a few pre-match quotes from their message board in a draft version of VFTOS. But I really don't have any enthusiasm to read their gloating and I don't suppose anyone else on here does either. So no VFTOS this week from me. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:40 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
I'd already got a few pre-match quotes from their message board in a draft version of VFTOS. But I really don't have any enthusiasm to read their gloating and I don't suppose anyone else on here does either. So no VFTOS this week from me. Sorry.

Great decision.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:54 pm 

Jamesyc1971 wrote:
Pretty much agree with all of the post. Its the last game I will watch on Ifollow against them. Just dull drab commentary by the 2 pubic hairs doing it. The whole thing is just tiresome. Being referred to as the opposition and our players as the opponent, how old are they?Awful game all round really. We were ok considering their home advantage.

If you click on settings you can choose between home and away commentary. I listened to the 3CR guys, after a couple of minutes of the local douche-bags.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:02 pm 

I went once to their old ground, first visit to their new ground today, never again. Its as if everyone involved tried their best to make it as awful a football experience as possible (aside from the match itself). 45 minutes to get in through one turnstile was a disgrace.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:10 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Jamesyc1971 wrote:
Pretty much agree with all of the post. Its the last game I will watch on Ifollow against them. Just dull drab commentary by the 2 pubic hairs doing it. The whole thing is just tiresome. Being referred to as the opposition and our players as the opponent, how old are they?Awful game all round really. We were ok considering their home advantage.

If you click on settings you can choose between home and away commentary. I listened to the 3CR guys, after a couple of minutes of the local douche-bags.

Thanks for the info. It was painful but I had paid the tenner.Next time I know ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:13 pm 

I said earlier……I might go again……after what I’ve heard today, I’m done, they won’t get another penny from me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:37 pm 

Old Stinkleblat won't let you down chaps. Given a choice of having a MILF sitting on our face or 3 points today, we would go for the latter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:29 am 

WellDon wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:

Great decision.

OK I'll excuse you this time ;) BUT....I expect a full set of comments from their forum discussing their ' continuing progress' at the end of the season when they are stuck lower table yet again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:56 pm 

Dreadful performance, and dreadful setup. Which will be gleefully recieved by them so, in that sense it paid off and fair fucks to them.

Won't discredit their celebrations, they were at us enough that they'd have felt a goal was deserved, and in fairness it probably was. They're within their right to celebrate as madly as we did when we got a draw last time, and when we won with the HOG. They were up for it, and despite us having usually turned up against these it's helped having a better team. When there's little to split the sides, it isn't easy to call and frankly, I saw it coming. When we go into the game with "it's like any other game" mentality, we're always gonna be in trouble and, for as much as they think they've had that mentality of late, we have often held that mentality and as I said, it's only because we've had better players most of the time and it was always gonna catch up with us.

Say this with no hyperbole at all, but the more they beat us the less this will even be noticed. The reason it gets highlighted is because it still feels like a massive achievement because they've only managed it 2 previous times before this. Even our local radio commentary feels the rivalry has died down on every meeting at our place because we only ever seem to win. If over the next ten meetings the results are more even than the last ten, we'll see less fanfare about it and we'll even I suspect see them start treating it on more a football basis.

Onwards and upwards. We've still got objectives to complete this season and we need to achieve them. This will be forgotten about sharply if we go on a good run of form but that's what we need, a good run. Nothing more or less.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit