THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: MW comments
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am 

He's cleverly worded it in a way that he could maybe escape any punishment, or just a fine.

However I think it's a clear and strong enough implication that he might well be asked to explain his comments - and how to expand on that without stepping over the line would be tricky, as he's pretty much pushed the implication as far as it can go. All he could do was backtrack, really, and say he just meant the pressure of the occasion was unintentionally leading to the errors, but that he wasn't implying any intentional wrongdoing, etc (which he was!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:57 am 

voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Probably a fine as he suggests match fixing and that'll upset the PGMOL and EFL so much

At what point does he ever suggest match fixing?

He implied that Wrexham recently had valid goals disallowed against them - it wasn't especially subtle! Like saying sorry not sorry.

That’s fact though, they did have valid goals against them ruled out. You can’t ban/fine someone for speaking factually.

At no point has he claimed match fixing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:57 am 

He should have been specific and stated that the ref and his team were inept pig-fuckers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:10 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
He should have been specific and stated that the ref and his team were inept pig-fuckers.

He left that particular communication to Lewie.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:12 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Probably a fine as he suggests match fixing and that'll upset the PGMOL and EFL so much

At what point does he ever suggest match fixing?

He implied that Wrexham recently had valid goals disallowed against them - it wasn't especially subtle! Like saying sorry not sorry.

That’s fact though, they did have valid goals against them ruled out. You can’t ban/fine someone for speaking factually.

At no point has he claimed match fixing.

Have you not seen the EFL and PGMOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also said I used the wrong word in match fixing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:58 pm 

He'll be fine. I don't think it was that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:53 pm 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
"I've got a lot of respect for the manager, the club, their fantastic team, but it's really frustrating. There have been legitimate goals for Mansfield and Notts County (ruled out), so I don't know if it's the momentum the club bring, if it's unconsciously playing on their minds. But I'm taken aback..."

"...I've never seen anything like it. Everybody in the stadium knew it was a clear goal. The reaction of their players was to just turn around, they all thought it was a goal. Everyone did apart from the officials."

Do we think these are critical enough for a touchline ban/fine?

Not as critical as the Supporters Association who suggested that Wrexham had paid the ref with an all expenses holiday…….not very clever in my eyes as the Official Supporters Group.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:24 pm 

WellDon wrote:
"I've got a lot of respect for the manager, the club, their fantastic team, but it's really frustrating. There have been legitimate goals for Mansfield and Notts County (ruled out), so I don't know if it's the momentum the club bring, if it's unconsciously playing on their minds. But I'm taken aback..."

"...I've never seen anything like it. Everybody in the stadium knew it was a clear goal. The reaction of their players was to just turn around, they all thought it was a goal. Everyone did apart from the officials."

Not as critical as the Supporters Association who suggested that Wrexham had paid the ref with an all expenses holiday…….not very clever in my eyes as the Official Supporters Group.

Tongue firmly in cheek. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:12 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Exactly, who the f- would want to go there?
My mate in Cardiff says it's a ghastly unsafe place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:13 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:

have you seen the state of their twitter - who actually runs it?