THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: MW comments
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:22 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
"I've got a lot of respect for the manager, the club, their fantastic team, but it's really frustrating. There have been legitimate goals for Mansfield and Notts County (ruled out), so I don't know if it's the momentum the club bring, if it's unconsciously playing on their minds. But I'm taken aback..."

"...I've never seen anything like it. Everybody in the stadium knew it was a clear goal. The reaction of their players was to just turn around, they all thought it was a goal. Everyone did apart from the officials."

Do we think these are critical enough for a touchline ban/fine?

Not as critical as the Supporters Association who suggested that Wrexham had paid the ref with an all expenses holiday…….not very clever in my eyes as the Official Supporters Group.

Pretty sure they speak for most of us on that one!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:08 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
WellDon wrote:
"I've got a lot of respect for the manager, the club, their fantastic team, but it's really frustrating. There have been legitimate goals for Mansfield and Notts County (ruled out), so I don't know if it's the momentum the club bring, if it's unconsciously playing on their minds. But I'm taken aback..."

"...I've never seen anything like it. Everybody in the stadium knew it was a clear goal. The reaction of their players was to just turn around, they all thought it was a goal. Everyone did apart from the officials."

Not as critical as the Supporters Association who suggested that Wrexham had paid the ref with an all expenses holiday…….not very clever in my eyes as the Official Supporters Group.

I wonder if we ever get to the day when people over the age of 10 stop making comments about refs being paid due to the odd bad decision.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:43 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
WellDon wrote:

I wonder if we ever get to the day when people over the age of 10 stop making comments about refs being paid due to the odd bad decision.

No. As Danny Baker always said, all refs are bent. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:59 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Agreed.....I think for most people they are being numerous with it but there may well be a small number of believers!

I think MW's "momentum" comment carries a little more subtlety and at times it can be tempting to believe in that happening

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:13 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Probably a fine as he suggests match fixing and that'll upset the PGMOL and EFL so much

At what point does he ever suggest match fixing?

He implied that Wrexham recently had valid goals disallowed against them - it wasn't especially subtle! Like saying sorry not sorry.

That’s fact though, they did have valid goals against them ruled out. You can’t ban/fine someone for speaking factually.

At no point has he claimed match fixing.

Another ‘fortuitous’ decision for Wrexham yesterday. Seems like they are getting all the assistance they need to progress.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:37 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Probably a fine as he suggests match fixing and that'll upset the PGMOL and EFL so much

At what point does he ever suggest match fixing?

He implied that Wrexham recently had valid goals disallowed against them - it wasn't especially subtle! Like saying sorry not sorry.

That’s fact though, they did have valid goals against them ruled out. You can’t ban/fine someone for speaking factually.

At no point has he claimed match fixing.

Another ‘fortuitous’ decision for Wrexham yesterday. Seems like they are getting all the assistance they need to progress.

Yes, it definitely feels like that script has already been written by Ryan and Netflix or whatever. In my opinion, our hopes rest on Mansfield bottling it again.