THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lewington's Pace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:06 am 

I once watched Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba, two of the best players in Europe, chase a referee down, call him a disgrace on television and scream abuse at him in fury after a dismal performance against Barcelona.

They're human. Same as Lewington. Same as us. In an ideal world, yeah he would heartless get over it immediately. In the real world, i get it. Respect is earned. And referees making dismal decisions that could be season and thus career defining - upsetting.
I see both sides but Dean spoke for most of us that night

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:19 am 

I understand Lewie’s emotions, but football has to do something about the continual disrespect for officials.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:30 am 

Yeah I totally agree.

Starts by making referees better.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:11 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Yeah I totally agree.

Starts by making referees better.

And how do you propose that? I mean if we gave them tools to assist them in their jobs for example goal line tech Tuesday would never have happened we would have more than likely have 11 men on the pitch and more than likely 2 more points than what we do now. They are not professional in our slum of a league so I guess most of them do this around a full time job. They are in the Prem and Championship, but don't have to be in leagues 1 and 2 so why do they care if they make a wrong decision, not like they are going to be signing on the next day. As I have said over and over goal line tech is the only answer to problems like this. There is so much money in football that the EFL could assist with funding. But they won't. They wouldn't dare do anything that would benefit the game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:30 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Honestly would love to know what he said to warrant a red card. Usually only see yellows for dissent.

Whatever he said, he no doubt spoke for all of us after the horrific decision.

Called him a cheating then a C word that my late mother would hate me to say!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:32 am 

DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Respect is earned in all aspects of life, that referee deserved none.

I don't blame Lewington one bit. If anything that red card galvanised us.

Football will never improve in that regard if we feel that actions like that are justified when the referee isn’t very good. No wonder grass roots football can’t get refs.

If I cock up that badly at my job, I get shouted at. Why should referees be exempt.

By this logic - hasn't Lewie cocked up so the comments from Dons50 and DadofaDon are justified.

Point is, the referee is there, there is a campaign to show refs respect, our captain didnt. Rightly or wrongly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:58 am 

CleanDon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Football will never improve in that regard if we feel that actions like that are justified when the referee isn’t very good. No wonder grass roots football can’t get refs.

If I cock up that badly at my job, I get shouted at. Why should referees be exempt.

By this logic - hasn't Lewie cocked up so the comments from Dons50 and DadofaDon are justified.

Point is, the referee is there, there is a campaign to show refs respect, our captain didnt. Rightly or wrongly.

And Lewie got punished for it, rightly so, I've never been defending Lewie and claiming that he didn't deserve the red, only that I don't blame him whatsoever.

There's a distinct lack of respect for referees because for the most part, they're shite and they mess up a lot. It's an endless cycle unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:05 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Is a red for dissent a 1 or 3 game ban? I know it could be increased if he’s said something seriously bad but wasn’t sure on the default.

If it is 3, then he’s out for the AFC game. While he may not be at his best (I actually think he’s been solid) I always want him playing in that fixture.

I believe red card serious dissent is a two match ban, is it not? He basically called him either a ladybit or a cheat, tbh not very happy our captain of 900 appearances is getting a daft red like that but whatever he said he was right anyway.

After witnessing that decision and in a game like that, it would take an extremely calm, almost lifeless individual to not say something to the officials. We all know what Lewington is like, he’s been the same way for 20 years at least. It’s a shame but it’s part of his mould.

It really isn’t ideal though, especially with Norman now looking likely to be out. Williams at CB is an issue. Neither him or Lewi have pace, but Lewi makes up for it with positional awareness, Williams doesn’t.

Williams also has a recurring problem of putting passes straight out of play .....has done it in several games this year...weird as I don't think if him as a poor passer of the ball so I dont k ow if it's lack of concentration ot something

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:34 am 

DippyDon wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

And Lewie got punished for it, rightly so, I've never been defending Lewie and claiming that he didn't deserve the red, only that I don't blame him whatsoever.

There's a distinct lack of respect for referees because for the most part, they're shite and they mess up a lot. It's an endless cycle unfortunately.

They are shite cause they are literally doing this as a 2nd job in our league. They are not pros like the Prem and Champ refs. If you were doing this for a pittance would you be that bothered if you were not doing great? Oh no I will have to go ref a national league north/south game for a month or so. Or I could just quit altogether because I don't want some angry ginger tosser calling me a Ladybit when all I get is travel expenses and maybe money towards a meal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:00 am 

Dare I say 'It's over now. Let's move on'?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next