THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lewington's Pace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:58 am 

DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Respect is earned in all aspects of life, that referee deserved none.

I don't blame Lewington one bit. If anything that red card galvanised us.

Football will never improve in that regard if we feel that actions like that are justified when the referee isn’t very good. No wonder grass roots football can’t get refs.

If I cock up that badly at my job, I get shouted at. Why should referees be exempt.

I’ll leave it there. You believe that mistakes justify the actions. I believe respecting the referee’s authority is sacrosanct. Bad refs can get demoted and good ones promoted. That’s the place to deal with incompetence.

We see it differently, fair enough.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:03 am 

DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Football will never improve in that regard if we feel that actions like that are justified when the referee isn’t very good. No wonder grass roots football can’t get refs.

If I cock up that badly at my job, I get shouted at. Why should referees be exempt.

They shouldn't, but there are ways to do it. Go look at the no one likes us post and look how close Lewie was to the ref and how angry he looks. I am 99% sure that if your manager did that to you and called you every name under the sun (which I am assuming that Lewie did as it was a red) you would be off to HR to raise a grievance. Its the intent to cause the officials harm. He was dumb to do it.

As shit as he was (and he really was) the ref is only a human and IMO was within his rights. They are the law on that pitch I mean that is like getting punched in the face in front of a cop and the cop not arresting the person who punched you. If you squared up to a cop due to the "injustice" I am sure you would get arrested.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:07 am 

dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

I’ll leave it there. You believe that mistakes justify the actions. I believe respecting the referee’s authority is sacrosanct. Bad refs can get demoted and good ones promoted. That’s the place to deal with incompetence.

But do they though? What will happen to the ref? bugger all squared. If we miss automatic promotion or even worse a play in the playoffs by the two 2 points will you feel the same? Especially if the 2 points mean Wrexham go up and we don't.

Dean's passion for the club has meant he has fought and fought and fought, sometimes it spills over. The refs decisions cost us two points against one of our main rivals for promotiom,of course Lewie is going to be furious!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:10 am 

Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

They shouldn't, but there are ways to do it. Go look at the no one likes us post and look how close Lewie was to the ref and how angry he looks. I am 99% sure that if your manager did that to you and called you every name under the sun (which I am assuming that Lewie did as it was a red) you would be off to HR to raise a grievance. Its the intent to cause the officials harm. He was dumb to do it.

As shit as he was (and he really was) the ref is only a human and IMO was within his rights. They are the law on that pitch I mean that is like getting punched in the face in front of a cop and the cop not arresting the person who punched you. If you squared up to a cop due to the "injustice" I am sure you would get arrested.

If I'm punched in the face in front of a cop and I'm the one that gets in trouble for arguing it, then you can bet that that would be taken higher up and there would be a ruling to show that while maybe not handled in the right way, I would be in the right and the policeman didn't do his job correctly.

Lewie wasn't undeservedly sent off, I don't think I've said that nor did I mean it. I just don't blame him whatsoever for it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:12 am 

Bill wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

But do they though? What will happen to the ref? bugger all squared. If we miss automatic promotion or even worse a play in the playoffs by the two 2 points will you feel the same? Especially if the 2 points mean Wrexham go up and we don't.

Dean's passion for the club has meant he has fought and fought and fought, sometimes it spills over. The refs decisions cost us two points against one of our main rivals for promotiom,of course Lewie is going to be furious!

I understand why he’s furious. I’ve seen rugby players sent off in critical situations in big matches. Watch how they react.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:13 am 

DippyDon wrote:

The injustice of the disallowed goal galvanised the players and the Cowshed. But all the red card achieved was putting us at a numerical disadvantage for a while, and forcing MW to put bloody Dennis on the pitch!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:18 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

If I'm punched in the face in front of a cop and I'm the one that gets in trouble for arguing it, then you can bet that that would be taken higher up and there would be a ruling to show that while maybe not handled in the right way, I would be in the right and the policeman didn't do his job correctly.

Lewie wasn't undeservedly sent off, I don't think I've said that nor did I mean it. I just don't blame him whatsoever for it.

Believe it or not a lot of people look up to Lewington. With all the kids that were probably in attendance seeing him getting sent off sends a bad message to the fans. Be angry of course, but ffs there was nothing that was going to change that refs mind. He should channel his anger in his performances which in the past month or so have been pritty poor and now we are without him for two games at least with a defence that is paper thin at the moment. It more than likely won't be overturned due to what happened so there is that I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:35 am 

So, after squaring up to the ref he’ll get a three match ban, including against AFC, but with his recent poor form that might not be a bad thing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:57 am 

I blame Tucker.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:36 pm 

Hope it's 3 games so he's not obliged to pick him

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next