THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lewington's Pace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:05 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Is a red for dissent a 1 or 3 game ban? I know it could be increased if he’s said something seriously bad but wasn’t sure on the default.

If it is 3, then he’s out for the AFC game. While he may not be at his best (I actually think he’s been solid) I always want him playing in that fixture.

I believe red card serious dissent is a two match ban, is it not? He basically called him either a ladybit or a cheat, tbh not very happy our captain of 900 appearances is getting a daft red like that but whatever he said he was right anyway.

After witnessing that decision and in a game like that, it would take an extremely calm, almost lifeless individual to not say something to the officials. We all know what Lewington is like, he’s been the same way for 20 years at least. It’s a shame but it’s part of his mould.

It really isn’t ideal though, especially with Norman now looking likely to be out. Williams at CB is an issue. Neither him or Lewi have pace, but Lewi makes up for it with positional awareness, Williams doesn’t.

We know what Lewie is like, and we love him for it. But it rarely spills over to red cards - he let the team down today.

Disagree wholeheartedly, he didn’t let anyone down.

When your captain is sent off for dissent, he's let the team down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:38 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Is a red for dissent a 1 or 3 game ban? I know it could be increased if he’s said something seriously bad but wasn’t sure on the default.

If it is 3, then he’s out for the AFC game. While he may not be at his best (I actually think he’s been solid) I always want him playing in that fixture.

I believe red card serious dissent is a two match ban, is it not? He basically called him either a ladybit or a cheat, tbh not very happy our captain of 900 appearances is getting a daft red like that but whatever he said he was right anyway.

After witnessing that decision and in a game like that, it would take an extremely calm, almost lifeless individual to not say something to the officials. We all know what Lewington is like, he’s been the same way for 20 years at least. It’s a shame but it’s part of his mould.

It really isn’t ideal though, especially with Norman now looking likely to be out. Williams at CB is an issue. Neither him or Lewi have pace, but Lewi makes up for it with positional awareness, Williams doesn’t.

We know what Lewie is like, and we love him for it. But it rarely spills over to red cards - he let the team down today.

Agree. Disrespecting the referee’s authority is a very big problem in football.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:38 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

He did. He ran 80 fucking yards to have a pop at the ref and for what? Nothing he was going to say was going to change the outcome so just keep your fucking tounge in your head and I feel the running up the pitch to square up to the ref is what got him a straight red. He had intent to have a go.

Since he has returned from injury he has been a shadow of his former self and yesterday was just the icing on a very sour cake for what has been a bit of a torrid time for the man. Legend. Yes. Above criticism. Definitely not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:39 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Agree that if a player leaves his team with ten men then he surely has let them down. The wider issue is disrespecting the referee’s authority is a very big problem in football.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:43 am 

Respect is earned in all aspects of life, that referee deserved none.

I don't blame Lewington one bit. If anything that red card galvanised us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:49 am 

DippyDon wrote:

What was shouting at the ref going to achieve? Was he going to say ohhh some middle aged ginger man is shouting at me. I should give MK Dons the goal. Be upset I am sure the other 10 MK Dons players were pissed, but running the length of the pitch to shout at the ref and be an inch away from his face is a fucking joke. Nobody else squared up to the ref. He was pathetic for doing so and anyone defending him is jut as pathetic. If we had lost that game in the 15 minute barrage after the red then I know you would be singing a different tune. It was only their red card that calmed the game down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:52 am 

From experience, the captain is the one player that can question the ref and expect an honest response. Whatever Lewie said crossed the line in that egotistical arsewipe's mind, but he is the one person in our team that we're taught from a young age can discuss things with the ref. When blood is running hot and such a blatant decision gets missed of course you're going to be fired up and angry.

I wouldn't be singing a different tune either, if we had have lost that I'd still be blaming the referee and linesman for missing an obvious goal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:53 am 

DippyDon wrote:

Football will never improve in that regard if we feel that actions like that are justified when the referee isn’t very good. No wonder grass roots football can’t get refs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:54 am 

dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Football will never improve in that regard if we feel that actions like that are justified when the referee isn’t very good. No wonder grass roots football can’t get refs.

If I cock up that badly at my job, I get shouted at. Why should referees be exempt.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:55 am 

DippyDon wrote:

Maybe, but I don't think Lewie or the manager would have felt the same as he was walking off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next