THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Officials
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:26 am 

99% of the people in the ground saw it was over the line. Even the staff in the kiosks and blind Joe having a pint in Lewingtons saw it. They just bottled it because it's Wrexham and they were on Hollywood TV.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:17 am 

I really can't see how any part of the ball cannot be over the line...unless it was a rugby ball with a pointy end.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:00 am 

SW4don wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't think it was fully in at the time last night (literally at the moment it happened i said it wasnt fully over the line), and still haven't seen conclusive evidence that all of the ball was over all of the line? I'm just looking at this objectively.. i know everyones angry, but the image everyones seen, from the main broadcast camera angle, gives no proof that the whole ball was over all of the line. At the moment it happened I looked at the lino and he was there looking across the line.. if he can't conclusively see that it's over the line then there's no way he can give a goal. Yes there's pictures that from that angle make it look like it's in, but I'm not sure any angles give any conclusive proof that the ball was in. Calling things corruption and bias gets into dangerous territory. I know I'll probably get pelters for this because we're supposed to be angry about it.. but objectively we cannot say whether the ball was in or not at all. If the lino sees no daylight between the ball and the post then he can't give the goal, im sorry.

Live, I didn't think 100% of the ball was 100% over the line (I sit between 14 & 15 and so behind and to the left of the post). However, the photos doing the rounds (see above) seem pretty conclusive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:02 am 

WellDon wrote:
I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but the offending Lino was Daniel D’Urso, son of Andy D’Urso, remember him.

Great spot WellDon. Who knew ineptitude had a genetic component? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:16 pm 

WellDon wrote:
I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but the offending Lino was Daniel D’Urso, son of Andy D’Urso, remember him.

Who was so badly injured just a few weeks ago at Barnet, that he had to leave the ground in a wheelchair.

Not surprised he couldn’t keep up with play on Tuesday

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:31 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Great spot WellDon. Who knew ineptitude had a genetic component? :lol:

You haven't met my kids......... ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6