THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Officials
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:38 pm 

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but the offending Lino was Daniel D’Urso, son of Andy D’Urso, remember him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 pm 

Am I the only one who didn't think it was fully in at the time last night (literally at the moment it happened i said it wasnt fully over the line), and still haven't seen conclusive evidence that all of the ball was over all of the line? I'm just looking at this objectively.. i know everyones angry, but the image everyones seen, from the main broadcast camera angle, gives no proof that the whole ball was over all of the line. At the moment it happened I looked at the lino and he was there looking across the line.. if he can't conclusively see that it's over the line then there's no way he can give a goal. Yes there's pictures that from that angle make it look like it's in, but I'm not sure any angles give any conclusive proof that the ball was in. Calling things corruption and bias gets into dangerous territory. I know I'll probably get pelters for this because we're supposed to be angry about it.. but objectively we cannot say whether the ball was in or not at all. If the lino sees no daylight between the ball and the post then he can't give the goal, im sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:54 pm 

SW4don wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't think it was fully in at the time last night (literally at the moment it happened i said it wasnt fully over the line), and still haven't seen conclusive evidence that all of the ball was over all of the line? I'm just looking at this objectively.. i know everyones angry, but the image everyones seen, from the main broadcast camera angle, gives no proof that the whole ball was over all of the line. At the moment it happened I looked at the lino and he was there looking across the line.. if he can't conclusively see that it's over the line then there's no way he can give a goal. Yes there's pictures that from that angle make it look like it's in, but I'm not sure any angles give any conclusive proof that the ball was in. Calling things corruption and bias gets into dangerous territory. I know I'll probably get pelters for this because we're supposed to be angry about it.. but objectively we cannot say whether the ball was in or not at all. If the lino sees no daylight between the ball and the post then he can't give the goal, im sorry.

I sit smack bang level with the goal-line. Directly behind the linesman. It was in. The whole of the ball over the whole of the line. Not even close.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:01 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
SW4don wrote:

I sit smack bang level with the goal-line. Directly behind the linesman. It was in. The whole of the ball over the whole of the line. Not even close.

Sitting on the 18 yard line here, absolutely in, saw the whole of the ball behind the post and indeed in contact with the net. Worst decision I’ve seen at SMK, and not even close. Linesman was in a very good position to call it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:50 am 

The main camera angle shows it go behind the post… that’s the biggest tell that it was over the line.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:16 am 

It seems when it comes to defending the decision the position is they can't be certain the whole ball is over the whole line, do you think for a second that they have that clarity of thought on every decision? If they applied that then barely any decisions would be made, was he certain their defender fouled Dennis or was that his impression of the incident from his position on the field? In this case all the supporting evidence points to a goal, the double movement from the keeper to push the ball into the goal, the ball being visible to the linesman behind the post, the reaction of the keeper, defender and striker closest to the ball, the logical and correct decision was to give a goal. Leave the mm of the ball over a mm of the line for when goal line technology is in use, all human decisions on the pitch are subjective and not factual, they are what the officials believe happened, which is why in this case questions have been raised as to whether they 'bottled it' given the evidence they and all of us saw. How often do you see so many opposition fans concede it should have been given/they would have been livid if it happened against them, heck even neutrals have sympathy for us!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:24 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
SW4don wrote:

I to sit in a similar position to DonnieAndMooie and the ball was unequivocally over the line however I disagree with SW4don that the linesman was in a position to judge whether the ball was over the line. If he was doing his job properly (and for once I believe he was) he should have been in line with the second last defender when the shot was taken, from the replay this would put him roughly in line with the penalty spot. Unless he had a premonition that the keeper was going to fumble the ball there was no way he could have got into a position to judge whether the ball was over the line in the split second that it happened and by the time he was the keeper had pushed the ball back into play.

Unfortunately as a result I don't think that either the referee or the linesman were in a position to award the goal - what I did find annoying was that despite this his body language and action appeared to suggest he was certain it did not cross the line which there was no way that he could have been.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:38 am 

paul4040 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
SW4don wrote:

Sitting on the 18 yard line here, absolutely in, saw the whole of the ball behind the post and indeed in contact with the net. Worst decision I’ve seen at SMK, and not even close. Linesman was in a very good position to call it.

I am not to sure if you saw it but the "penalty" for Peterborough in the play off semi was and still is the worst thing I have seen. That "penalty" cost us the play offs. This is annoying but hasn't cost us promotion yet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:41 am 

Don Henley wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
SW4don wrote:

I to sit in a similar position to DonnieAndMooie and the ball was unequivocally over the line however I disagree with SW4don that the linesman was in a position to judge whether the ball was over the line. If he was doing his job properly (and for once I believe he was) he should have been in line with the second last defender when the shot was taken, from the replay this would put him roughly in line with the penalty spot. Unless he had a premonition that the keeper was going to fumble the ball there was no way he could have got into a position to judge whether the ball was over the line in the split second that it happened and by the time he was the keeper had pushed the ball back into play.

Unfortunately as a result I don't think that either the referee or the linesman were in a position to award the goal - what I did find annoying was that despite this his body language and action appeared to suggest he was certain it did not cross the line which there was no way that he could have been.

And here is another reason for goal line tech. EFL need to sort this out two goals in a week that only Wrexham have benefited from. As I say they are not short of money to help clubs pay for it. Not all of it, but they could contribute some of it. Or a long term loan for it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:17 am 

Looking at the photo in question the position of the keeper's leg is conclusive proof that the ball must have been completely over the line. Just our bad luck that the officials were not in the best position to judge.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next