THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Wrexham (H) ticket sales
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:11 pm 

The appeal of Rob & Ryan seems to be the biggest buzz around MK for a while :? :lol:

OK, I know it’s half term, but we’ve played home Tuesday night games on this half term week before, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the sort of sales we’re getting for this one.

Basically, to save you the trouble of looking, there’s not much left in blocks 11 & 12, but then 4 & 7 are virtually sold out already and 5,6,18,19 & 20 all very busy.

I kind of suspected it may happen, but shocked by the take up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:13 pm 

Can only be a good thing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Can only be a good thing

Yes, it CAN grow the attendances, but only if we put in a performance and win. Struggling to remember a big gate where we’ve actually shown up with a performance to match. Leeds, about 15 years ago :?

By definition Yeovil and Mansfield don’t really count as they were last games of the season so it’s difficult to know what the attendance bounce from those in a higher division.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:49 pm 

The club shop are selling half and half scarves and commemorative pin badges ffs. I never thought we would get this tinpot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:17 pm 

My McKnob wanted a Verses AFC Wrexham FC Home 20th February 2024 tattooed around his mcmiddle. I said get off the bandwagon you tool!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm 

This is the issue with so many casual fans, who won’t turn up for a standard league game but we’ll easily sell out of we draw a prem team in the cup. Not saying we’ll sell out for this one but the fact just having Hollywood owners excites the casuals/neutrals is bizzare.

We can say it’ll help future attendances, but it never does. They all disappear back under their rock until we draw Chelsea in the FA Cup.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm 

Imagine if the game was on the original Saturday it was supposed to be. The attendance would be even higher.

I know lots of people who want to come from friends to the kid's football teams and colleagues. I don't think they realise that Rob and Ryan won't actually be in MK on Tuesday but let's not tell them that minor detail.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:13 pm 

Bollocks to Hollywood FC. We all know it's cause dan harvie made public the fact that he wanted more fans at home games and who are we to argue with the little Scottish terrier. Dan Harvie has done more to market the club than our own marketing department.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:59 pm 

Yeah, can’t see what the fuss is about, it’s a midweek fixture against Wrexham, hardly anything to get over excited about, it won’t decide play offs/autos or the title, it’s just another game with three points up for grabs.

Newport at home Saturday, who I understand have just been bought by Tom Jones and Michael Sheen, who will be at Stad MK to watch the game and sign autographs.

( That might boost ticket sales for that game)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:08 pm 

I remember watching us play Wrexham when no one gave a shit and they were a wank club we always did well against. Half of that statement is still true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next