THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Dan Harvie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:51 am 

Scum. wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
He basically said that the atmosphere in the AFC game was amazing and that those are the kind of numbers we need to be getting at every home game. He's not said anything outrageous. I'm pretty sure most our fans would agree with him.

We had 6,278 against AFC Wimbledon, then 6,723 against Gillingham a few days later so no idea what he means.

I was at both and the atmosphere was really different

That may be what he means

I'm fairness ALL sports fixtures have a better atmosphere 'per fan' in a 'derby' or grudge match

I agree we should expect more than 6500 anyway with the way we are playing....it is mostly winning and mostly exciting (if not always for the right reasons!)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:31 am 

Leighton wrote:
Scum. wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
He basically said that the atmosphere in the AFC game was amazing and that those are the kind of numbers we need to be getting at every home game. He's not said anything outrageous. I'm pretty sure most our fans would agree with him.

We had 6,278 against AFC Wimbledon, then 6,723 against Gillingham a few days later so no idea what he means.

I'm fairness ALL sports fixtures have a better atmosphere 'per fan' in a 'derby' or grudge match

I agree we should expect more than 6500 anyway with the way we are playing....it is mostly winning and mostly exciting (if not always for the right reasons!)

We definitely should given Swindon get 2k-3k more than us every game and they are tinpot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:43 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Scum. wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

We definitely should given Swindon get 2k-3k more than us every game and they are tinpot.

Difficult to know what tomorrow night will be but maybe pushing 5 figures?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:31 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Scum. wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

I am going for roughly 9k. I am sorry but the only difference would be that there might be a fair amount of Wrexham fans, but even on their forum they are saying people stay away from away games due to how appalling they are and they have three away games in a week so this would be a hard one to sell if you can't do all three. However, they are still saying there will be about 1k to 1.5K there but they have not sold out their allocation apparently. Tinpot :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:17 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Scum. wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

I reckon 10k

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:54 pm 

Harvie was excellent tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:57 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Harvie was excellent tonight.

I wouldn't go that far. He was on the good side of mixed. Did a lot right but was also guilty in possession several times which would/should have cost us. And kept missing great runs in front of him.

I much prefer him at LWB, with Tomlinson at RWB.