THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:54 pm 

THE MELTDOWN – BRADFORD
It’s about 10 minutes from the team news and I don’t mind telling you I’m nervous about this one, Alexander will be desperate to get one over the club that sacked him, I’m just hoping that the players that were probably unhappy about the former gaffer will be even more desperate to put one over him, and it would be fitting if Kemp landed the fatal blow, but basing it on the Accy game, Kemp didn’t really take to the role thrust upon him.

Right, here’s the team news…..well that’s a shock Harness in goal and what I presume is the youth team keeper, Stacey, on the bench, so the rookie must be injured.

Shocks No 2/3/4/5/6/7 ….Tezgel starts…..O’Hora is back, Stewart comes in from the shadows to make the bench, Robson, Lewie and Bate benched, no Harrison, too much to take in, but there’s a lot going on with that lineup and all the changes…..I’m even more nervous.

First impressions is the pitch is bloody awful and the comms from BBC Leeds is terrible, still saying Marschall is in goal …hello its Harness you knob.

13 minutes and we are behind, failed to clear a cross, the ball falls to centre half Platt, and it goes top bins and at pace…Harness, no chance.

Plenty of possession, but we are not really threatening their goal, Gilbey got down the left, crossed and there is no Dons player within 5 yards of it.

I think I should add about now….IFollow is rubbish and I have Olympic broadband….not worth the money.

2-0 and this is starting to feel like Doncaster all over again, Bradford aren’t doing much, they don’t need to, trusting MW is still enjoying playing with a small squad, currently we are thinner than an After Eight mint.

We have got out of jail a few times this season, the escape act looks highly unlikely right now.

Halftime and 2-0 to the hosts….MW needs to earn his corn.

3 minutes in and it’s 3-0, those poor buggers that travelled, I do feel for them.

Failed to clear it again, and Bradford take advantage.

4-0 FFS…crumbling, again chances to clear the ball, and we fail again….embarrassing…..I would be setting off home if I was there.

Bate and Wearne are coming on…..too little, too late.

This is bloody awful, I just don’t know how to describe it any other way….well we have got away with it lately….not tonight, I bet Alexander is loving this.

It’s easy to say it now, but that team selection, looks to have been a big error ….just saying.

I think some of us need to reassess our expectations, LG 2 is bloody awful, and we are probably one of the better of the bad teams, if we do limp into the playoffs, I can’t see us getting to Wembley.

Just checking the stats, 1 shot on target, I’m buggered If I can remember it, must have been when I was nodding off, also 71% possession, a lot of good that’s done us.

On come Dennis and Robson who in my book should have started, off comes Gilbey and Tezgel.

Bradford fans now mocking us passing around on the edge of our own box, Ole after Ole as we get nowhere, says it all really.

Oooooh we nearly score as Wearne’s shot is saved on the line, my dog raises an eyebrow, but is unmoved.

It’s nearly 90 mins, so it’s eulogy time.

MW needs to learn the strengths of the players and play them in the positions their style suggests, not try to shoehorn them in, that’s just plain amateur.

He needs to ask himself how come Kemp was judged to be the LG 2 best player and yet for us looks awful…..square pegs, round holes.

Robson is booked as Kemp’s former team mate Jake Young takes the piss with a drag back to beat two Dons players, Robson throws him to the floor and gets a card for his troubles.

Good God….6 minutes of injury time, I’d had enough and hour or so ago.

That’s it…..I’m done.

Heads up…there will not be a Meltdown for the Wrexham game, I’m washing my hair. Joking aside I’m out at a company bash.

See You Saturday….possibly.

8-) WD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:27 pm 

After all that we are still 6th, which I think says more about LG 2 than it does us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm 

WellDon wrote:
After all that we are still 6th, which I think says more about LG 2 than it does us.

We are quite lucky in the whole results are with us tonight, same as when we lost to Barrow. We aren’t gaining ground though which is a worry.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:41 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
WellDon wrote:

We are quite lucky in the whole results are with us tonight, same as when we lost to Barrow. We aren’t gaining ground though which is a worry.

I don’t think we’ll trouble the top three spots, it’s more of keeping in the play offs, I just don’t think we’re anywhere good enough for auto promotion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:57 pm 

That’s done it for me……Williamson said it’s like they had an invisible wall in front of their goal…..sorry……run that past me again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:04 pm 

WellDon wrote:
That’s done it for me……Williamson said it’s like they had an invisible wall in front of their goal…..sorry……run that past me again.

I think they had an invisible wall mid way through their half more like

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:14 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
WellDon wrote:

I think they had an invisible wall mid way through their half more like

That was it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:11 am 

MW bizarre post match interview, invisible walls, proud of the boys, controlled the game, yep all that and got walloped 4 - 0 by a team that couldn’t buy a home win. Deluded.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:16 am 

Bradford fans were very complementary of our performance on their forum. Presumably because we lost 4-0 :lol: but apparently we are one of the best teams in the league with THE best midfield in League Two and Jack Payne probably one of the best players.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:18 am 

Scribble wrote:
MW bizarre post match interview, invisible walls, proud of the boys, controlled the game, yep all that and got walloped 4 - 0 by a team that couldn’t buy a home win. Deluded.

72% possession is the stat that counts.