THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Williamson
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:57 am 

As it should be. What use is there throwing teacups and getting aggressive about it? The point about never giving up, however you view the style of play is accurate. They carried on doing what they know and have worked on best. And the body language was massively different to that of times gone by under Manning in the later months, Jackson and GA. Could you imagine Leko slumping around that pitch 4-0 down? Shoulders down? Think the players will just roll their sleeves up and accept this and take it as one on the chin.

Norman's interview was telling too. Stuck me as a real 'that sucked but let's take a longer view' mentality which is okay with me. For as good and bad as we've been since mid December, what we have done is shown real capability to come back after sticky results

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:39 am 

We got whacked last night as we did against Donny, but as has been said ; we are winning more games than we are losing under this manager. If you would have said we would get in the play offs when Alexander was sacked I would have taken that every day of the week: I still think we will get in the play offs.

Williamson is unbelievably idealistic, at times that is very annoying when we are chasing a game and the keeper is messing about with the ball, but I guess he has a view of being ultra disciplined and patient and that will win more games than lose. So far he is right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:58 am 

The glass wall isn’t in front of their goal; it’s in our players minds, about 10 yards before they reach the penalty box.
Beat the press brilliantly, pass it crisply through the midfield, then.. oh dear, ..mustn’t lose the ball, ..stop,, pass sideways, …work it back to the keeper.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:15 am 

Williamson has earned the benefit of the doubt tbh, I don’t mind his post match interview. We were poor last night but we are also suffering several injuries as well. I think we will be a different prospect once Wearne a start when he is fit; he offers so much in the system.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:28 am 

epdon wrote:
The glass wall isn’t in front of their goal; it’s in our players minds, about 10 yards before they reach the penalty box.
Beat the press brilliantly, pass it crisply through the midfield, then.. oh dear, ..mustn’t lose the ball, ..stop,, pass sideways, …work it back to the keeper.

To be fair last night there was a few occasions where Gilbey* got a chance in or around the six yard box and managed to either hit an opponent or put it wide. Tomlinson had a similar effort basically hit the keeper and there was quite a few moments when our players were in the box and just miskicked the ball all together.

*I love Gilbey, a proper Don through and through but I don’t think he a good enough finisher to be playing his current role. Feels like he misses a hat full of chances every game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:44 am 

I liken MW to Russ. Russ is extremely stubborn in the style he wants to play and will not budge on that, and for it to reap its rewards it takes time. I seem to remember we couldn't buy a result in the early days of him managing us, then towards the end it started to click and it earnt him a move to a bigger and better club. Same story at Swansea. Slow start and frustrations grew but towards the end they were getting results and they improved from when he first took over. Same again now at Southampton. I have family who are Saints supporters and they wanted him gone after 10 games, fast forward to now and they've just lost their first game in 25.

We will come good under MW. We are a recently relegated team in L2 with a mix of League 1, League 2, and non-league level players. He has had one January window, where I think expectations for business made were too high from supporters, give him time and a summer window.

He has clearly and significantly improved us since taking over. Football fans have short memories, perhaps some need reminding of what things were like under GA.

Yes, we've been fortunate with some recent results. However let's not sit here and pretend like MW is clueless and doesn't know what he's doing. My prediction is we'll have play off disappointment in the semi finals this season, and with a full summer window we will get top 3 next year.

A gentle reminder to some more pessimistic fans. We are a League 2 team, you cannot expect flawless positive consistency. Every team in this league has the potential to lose 4-0 to a shit team on a Tuesday night, as I said, this is League 2.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:50 am 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
A gentle reminder to some more pessimistic fans. We are a League 2 team, you cannot expect flawless positive consistency. Every team in this league has the potential to lose 4-0 to a shit team on a Tuesday night, as I said, this is League 2.

Totally agree. Last night was the perfect example of this - Barrow losing at home to joke club Forest Green, relatively in-form Harrogate getting their pants pulled down at Mansfield. League 2 is shit and very unpredictable and, despite the result, we haven't really lost too much ground.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:03 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Gravel Path to Martti wrote:

Totally agree. Last night was the perfect example of this - Barrow losing at home to joke club Forest Green, relatively in-form Harrogate getting their pants pulled down at Mansfield. League 2 is shit and very unpredictable and, despite the result, we haven't really lost too much ground.

It is a crap and bonkers league for sure with the exception of the top two I reckon, who are very good sides. I think we will make the playoffs because anything can happen. We are still comfortably 6th, incredibly, without playing that well over the last couple of months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:25 am 

We as fans have a job to do too, let's not shit ourselves here and create any Ill feeling. Things are much better now than they were. Keep plodding along

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:55 am 

I posted the following one hour after the Barrow debacle on October 14th:

keyser soze wrote:
After that shit show, do you laugh or cry? I'll know my own answer later but, right now, I'm just numb and unemotional.

Harrison should have been hooked at half time. He has zero footballing ability. Instead, on the 95th minute, GA has Mo ready to come on to replace him just as Barrow score their second. You couldn't make it up.

The players should be professional enough to see that out but GA is responsible for drilling full concentration into them and he's singularly failed to do so.

He (GA) is lashing around desperately trying different tactics, formations and players each game and cannot find the right formula. His lack of clarity must have an impact on the team ("make your fecking mind up Boss!").

Fuck it, I'm going to go cook an awesome risotto and drink some wine. Graham Alexander and MK Dons can fuck off for now.

Last night wasn't good. But I'm feeling waaaaaaaay better on Feb 14th than I was on Oct 14th. Williamson in...

P.S. I was wrong about Harrison. A limited player, but a trier and he can do a decent job at this level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next