THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The FA Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:04 pm 

Love it. We’ve done this recently but I think it deserves another one. Credit to Coventry and their fans, nothing short of superb for their support coming to the stadium.

People say it was a rubbish tie but I think differently. We’ve had some amazing games against Coventry over the years including the best 0-0 draw id ever seen until the Bristol City one and a game at Sixfield where we saw Dele Alli score a belter. They had shedloads here and beat us 3-1 that time with 2 free kicks in a few minutes, and the fans on the pitch etc. 2k2Cov etc. We’ve had some great games with them and they’re a good club.

They’re a League Two side but a big club. Nobody has a right to draw a Premier League side. So we have to respect this game and go for it and win. And who knows what’ll happen in the next round?

Last weeks loss at Northampton could’ve been a necessary evil. A blessing in disguise. Because this week has been great. Two new deals for talented young players. A new management set up where everyone looks happy and wants to be here. Lewie returning and hearing his interviews just warmed me. He’s back. And for real. He never left us. He will end his career a one club (?) man. Beautiful. And Winkelmans interview. Everything is positive.

It’ll be hard tomorrow. It’ll be like a League One game, they’ll up their game and their fans will be in incredible voice. We need to try and do the same. I hate it when fans act entitled and don’t turn up because the game is “shit”. If you can’t afford it or have other plans that’s fair, we all have lives but turn up tomorrow and let’s go through to the next round.

Come on Dons.

Apparently.

UTF

Post subject: Re: The FA Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:11 pm 

Yeah, that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:14 pm 

After a rousing speech like that we are bound to lose. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm 

If we lose we lose. Still a great competition

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm 

If we lose I do hope there won't be booing.....for all the reasons that have been stated ad nausium on here. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:18 pm 

I watched the Chelsea v Norwich replay in the pub last week, and there was a Chelsea fan I know absolutely tearing his hair out all the way through extra time. After the game, we were having a chat and he said: "Chelsea were shit tonight but it was a brilliant game. I fucking love the FA Cup."

There's no better competition IMO. World Cups and Champions Leagues often fail to live up to the hype, but there's always something going on in the FA Cup.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:22 pm 

It’s the original and the best cup competition in the galaxy, end of

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 pm 
Lost a lot of its magic.

Bring back FA Cup songs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:03 pm 

Dan wrote:
I watched the Chelsea v Norwich replay in the pub last week, and there was a Chelsea fan I know absolutely tearing his hair out all the way through extra time. After the game, we were having a chat and he said: "Chelsea were shit tonight but it was a brilliant game. I fucking love the FA Cup."

There's no better competition IMO. World Cups and Champions Leagues often fail to live up to the hype, but there's always something going on in the FA Cup.

Honestly when I was watching that it never occurred to me that Norwich were a division below. Obviously I knew but it wasn’t a “Championship Norwich” every time something happened. It was a great game that.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Lost a lot of its magic.

Bring back FA Cup songs

'Singing'? said Eeyore gloomily. 'Vastly overrated. Don't blame me if it all goes wrong tomorrow. I shouldn't be surprised if it hailed a good deal'. :ugeek: