THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:01 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
You and motorsport deserve each other. ;)

Yeah, well, the new motogp season is four weeks away, and now I've finished my next book I'm at a loose end on Saturdays!

Tell me more about the book?

One of my best mates is a 'weekend warrior', working as a tyre and garage technician at BTCC and British GT races. It's his story of his 2023 season.

Available early March from one good bookshop.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:40 pm 

Good luck with it mate.

*thumbs up emoji

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:56 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Yeah, well, the new motogp season is four weeks away, and now I've finished my next book I'm at a loose end on Saturdays!

One of my best mates is a 'weekend warrior', working as a tyre and garage technician at BTCC and British GT races. It's his story of his 2023 season.

Charity Shop?

Sorry, left me with an open goal. Sounds like a good one, particularly as a BTCC fan - it's much more entertaining than that F1 crap! ;) Which team was he working with?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:05 am 

midland don wrote:
Sorry, left me with an open goal. Sounds like a good one, particularly as a BTCC fan - it's much more entertaining than that F1 crap! ;) Which team was he working with?

NAPA in BTCC (specifically doing tyres for Dan Rowbottom), and Academy Motorsport's Ford Mustangs GT4s in British GT. It's come out really well, he's had a bit of a rollercoaster of a season even though both his teams won their championships!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:07 am 

midland don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Charity Shop?

Ouch! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, as we both know, Dan is a talented writer. But for fuck’s sake don’t tell him. It’ll just bring out his arsehole tendencies.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am 

keyser soze wrote:
But, as we both know, Dan is a talented writer. But for fuck’s sake don’t tell him. It’ll just bring out his arsehole tendencies.

It's OK. I am literarily adequate.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:10 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Having been to a couple of games now, i find this astonishing. The Dons, and this league as a whole, look absolutely fucking crap.

The first half yesterday was extraordinarily bad .......particularly the passing from the back

Better in the second though

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:17 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Having been to a couple of games now, i find this astonishing. The Dons, and this league as a whole, look absolutely fucking crap.

It’s been particularly good under MW and we’ve played some brilliant stuff. Last couple games not been up the previous standards, especially the 1st half. Think we’re going through a mini slump but still picking up results, so promising.

Don’t judge on just 2 games.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:46 am 

Leighton wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

The first half yesterday was extraordinarily bad .......particularly the passing from the back

Better in the second though

We do struggle when teams just sit off us. Twice MJW had the ball at centre half and just booted it out of play...weird. Payne was hardly involved - they put a man on him and just suffacted him in the first half - and he always quickens the pace whenever he gets on the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:46 am 

Although strangely if we do get promoted and Pete can keep the team together, including the loan players, I believe we could challenge for League 1 promotion next season. We will need a couple of quality goalkeepers, defenders and attackers to get back to back promotion. However, the team are so close to gelling and fighting for automatic promotion, provided we have more 2nd half displays than 1st half ones.