THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Skip
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:31 pm 

Personally I think it's time for Lewie to be left out of the starting xi,Harvie left sided cb, with Tomlinson and Lofthouse wing backs, O'Hora, Tucker or Williams to partner Harvie. Legend yes, but too many basic errors now, actually causing problems. Probably be an unpopular post, needed in my opinion.
More of a concern though is up top, especially if Harrison is injured, I'd take 7th now if offered.

Post subject: Re: Skip
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:45 pm 

I thought you meant there was one by Gate 7 that we could lob the underperforming players into....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:50 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Personally I think it's time for Lewie to be left out of the starting xi,Harvie left sided cb, with Tomlinson and Lofthouse wing backs, O'Hora, Tucker or Williams to partner Harvie. Legend yes, but too many basic errors now, actually causing problems. Probably be an unpopular post, needed in my opinion.
More of a concern though is up top, especially if Harrison is injured, I'd take 7th now if offered.

Why not play Stewart. He doesn't seem to be doing much. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:42 pm 

I don't actually think it'll be unpopular.

I don't think he's necessarily been "bad", there are so many good things he does in a game, but I am noticing him make a mistake or two a half. And it's only really been since Christmas, so I don't think it means he's 'on his way out', 'too old' or 'can't do it anymore.' Just means he's in a bit of poor form, and that's okay. He'll edge his way back soon. But the next few games I agree, I'd have him on the bench now Harvie is back. Harvie at RWB had me flabbergasted, an experiment I never want to see again unless absolutely necessary, which is wasn't.

Saturday I'd have Lofthouse, O'Hora, MJ, Harvie and Tomlinson.

Let Lewie have a sit down for a bit and come back stronger. He always does

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Last edited by Alby39 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:53 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Why not play Stewart. He doesn't seem to be doing much. ;)

Who's Stewart btw??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:00 pm 

I think hes out of form for sure and for the sake of the shape of the team he might need to be benched for a while.

He has plenty to offer and will still play plenty of minutes but for now he just needs a minute.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:07 pm 

I think in a single game in isolation Lewie is still probably one of our best and most reliable players. The problem is we don't play games in isolation and even worse at this time of year we play 3 games in a week on shit pitches that are no doubt heavy on his legs. He had an excellent December but he certainly looked below his standards recently. It's probably well past the time for us to manage him more carefully. One game a week and have him start with a proper warm up rather than coming of the bench cold and I think we see the best of him again.

There are going to be some games where he will be hugely important for us. AFC away being one that springs to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:42 pm 

OMG!
Rational discussion and very sensible points made that I'm not going to even mildly disagree with or make a daft comment on. :o
I need to lie down in a darkened room.
After some wine of course.....
Hic burp belch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:53 pm 

Yeah, I have to agree, Lewie has been poor recently, whether it’s a temporary blip in form or age catching up with him, I would leave him on the bench for a couple of games and see how he fares after, he would need to start against AFC ideally, so a refreshed rested Lewie hopefully would be back to somewhere near his best

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:03 am 

I think as a fan base, well a good percentage of the fan base, are going to have to start to get used to the fact that the man is going to be 40 this year, the middle age thickening isnt going to get much better anytime soon and hes just come back from probably one of the worst or at least longest term injuries of his career.

The fact hes still playing at the level he is, is a miracle but his levels are dropping and arent going to suddenly improve. His form is currently not too good and that might equalise but his legs aren't suddenly going to get younger and do what he wants whatever his brain wants them to do. It comes to every player eventually. There are outliers like Ronaldo but hes a physical specimen, Lewington, errrr....... isnt.