The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:57 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Winkie speaks to the BBC about it being a horrible year, £3m personal loss, and club not yet investment ready.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football ... ssion=true

It says the club made a loss which is slightly different to personal loss

If the club didn't make a loss then the owners would have that money to spend on themselves if they wanted. He is the owner so he has lost £3m.

I see what you mean about the wording but any loss to MKDons would be absorbed into the overall business debt not paid for by the owner. The value of MKDons maybe £3 million less which could be regarded as a personal loss but surely only applies as and when it is sold.

I'm with you on the first statement but the second.....not sure that's right.
MK Dons Ltd is a private limited company and so the value of the shares is not not made public if indeed a formal figure exists at all. The loss of £3m doesn't push down the value of the shares by an equivalent amount. I do note you said 'maybe'!!!
Whatever. Note to self. Try and remember 'O' level Business Studies in future...........

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

What do you base that on?

Various factors. The alternative solution for the Bowl didn't materialise and even the crazy golf idea at Furzton seems to have gone quiet, the main Bowl is there to be used, there is a building that never seems to be used that might be utilitised, there is already one pitch at Furzton and there is another laid out. Plus the cycling & market folk might be amenable plus there is room for other business developments.

Are those sites available? Would they recieve planning permission? Would they be viable without a hotel/other cash making enterprise? Could PW sell and recoup his money for Cosgrove?

So many questions...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:16 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

Various factors. The alternative solution for the Bowl didn't materialise and even the crazy golf idea at Furzton seems to have gone quiet, the main Bowl is there to be used, there is a building that never seems to be used that might be utilitised, there is already one pitch at Furzton and there is another laid out. Plus the cycling & market folk might be amenable plus there is room for other business developments.

Are those sites available? Would they recieve planning permission? Would they be viable without a hotel/other cash making enterprise? Could PW sell and recoup his money for Cosgrove?

So many questions...

I would have thought the Council still wants to develop the Bowl. I believe the unused building is British Car Auctions and they have a site at Kempston so I think they would sell, while in Furzton one pitch is there and the other just needs a bit of work. The club bid before so I can't see planning permission mission being a problem, but no hotel as there is already one in Furzton, although other business ventures are possible. In regards to Cosgrove, change it to a travellers site. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:30 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

So many questions...

I would have thought the Council still wants to develop the Bowl.
I believe the unused building is British Car Auctions and they have a site at Kempston so I think they would sell, while in Furzton one pitch is there and the other just needs a bit of work. The club bid before so I can't see planning permission mission being a problem, but no hotel as there is already one in Furzton, although other business ventures are possible. In regards to Cosgrove, change it to a travellers site. ;)

Nah. It's a lovely car boot place. Flogged loads of stuff there.