THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:14 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Posts: 1358
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

He owns inter MK too - the loss ultimately belongs to him.


But they are limited companies so he isn't personally liable for losses


But if he owns the companies, it's his money backing the companies up. He is limited in liability i.e. he is limited by how much money he has invested in the club. So if he has millions invested in InterMK/MK Dons, and those companies lose millions, it's his millions being lost.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Posts: 1358
This further backs up that this year was our biggest ever investment in terms of budget for players/wages. So people need to stop moaning that Winkie doesn't pay up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm
Posts: 716
Location: In the Armchair.
FilthyDon wrote:
This further backs up that this year was our biggest ever investment in terms of budget for players/wages. So people need to stop moaning that Winkie doesn't pay up.

Does it.......falling attendances ?

_________________
The APL voted Thread of the Year 2017 in the TCR Awards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 473
WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
This further backs up that this year was our biggest ever investment in terms of budget for players/wages. So people need to stop moaning that Winkie doesn't pay up.

Does it.......falling attendances ?


Falling attendances (and the less money that comes with it) wont be effective till next season or even the season after that. Don't forget you can't spend what you are yet to earn. Problem is we go down that is likely to be worse as we will not be getting 5k Pompy fans coming to MK we will get 500 Grimsby fans (at most).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Posts: 1358
WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
This further backs up that this year was our biggest ever investment in terms of budget for players/wages. So people need to stop moaning that Winkie doesn't pay up.

Does it.......falling attendances ?


Attendances are down, but not by enough of a margin to harm the club financially. League 2 like russ said, would likely be a noticeable drop though, much lower visitor numbers and home support would drop a fair to start with too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:49 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Plastique Fantastique
Russybcool wrote:
, but he doesn't feel the club is completed yet


Perhaps he is referring to the training ground?

_________________
"You can't bring the football into the stadium - it's a banned object" - Steward quote at Gate 6 13/01/2018

Also known as Uncle Paul....

http://www.crmk.co.uk Thursdays 8pm

http://www.mixcloud.com/crmkmusic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 473
Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
, but he doesn't feel the club is completed yet


Perhaps he is referring to the training ground?


I did think that, but that has no end date in sight and I feel from his perspective this has been his biggest regret (apart from hiring Robbie :lol: :lol: ).

Hopefully within 3 years this will be completed, then we can look for investors as he will be able to sell them the whole package!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
Russybcool wrote:
Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
, but he doesn't feel the club is completed yet


Perhaps he is referring to the training ground?


I did think that, but that has no end date in sight and I feel from his perspective this has been his biggest regret (apart from hiring Robbie :lol: :lol: ).

Hopefully within 3 years this will be completed, then we can look for investors as he will be able to sell them the whole package!


Someone mentioned it elsewhere, but perhaps for the training ground the big bang approach may have been wrong and he should have done it in stages. I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am
Posts: 1056
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

What do you base that on?

_________________
I don't need your ill-informed, half-baked, idiotic opinions. I have plenty of those myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

What do you base that on?


Various factors. The alternative solution for the Bowl didn't materialise and even the crazy golf idea at Furzton seems to have gone quiet, the main Bowl is there to be used, there is a building that never seems to be used that might be utilitised, there is already one pitch at Furzton and there is another laid out. Plus the cycling & market folk might be amenable plus there is room for other business developments.

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Allypally, Google [Bot], mightydons, Oldbloke


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group