THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:43 pm 
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

He owns inter MK too - the loss ultimately belongs to him.

But they are limited companies so he isn't personally liable for losses

But if he owns the companies, it's his money backing the companies up. He is limited in liability i.e. he is limited by how much money he has invested in the club. So if he has millions invested in InterMK/MK Dons, and those companies lose millions, it's his millions being lost.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:45 pm 
This further backs up that this year was our biggest ever investment in terms of budget for players/wages. So people need to stop moaning that Winkie doesn't pay up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:06 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
This further backs up that this year was our biggest ever investment in terms of budget for players/wages. So people need to stop moaning that Winkie doesn't pay up.

Does it.......falling attendances ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:20 pm 

WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Falling attendances (and the less money that comes with it) wont be effective till next season or even the season after that. Don't forget you can't spend what you are yet to earn. Problem is we go down that is likely to be worse as we will not be getting 5k Pompy fans coming to MK we will get 500 Grimsby fans (at most).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 pm 
WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Attendances are down, but not by enough of a margin to harm the club financially. League 2 like russ said, would likely be a noticeable drop though, much lower visitor numbers and home support would drop a fair to start with too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
, but he doesn't feel the club is completed yet

Perhaps he is referring to the training ground?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm 

Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I did think that, but that has no end date in sight and I feel from his perspective this has been his biggest regret (apart from hiring Robbie :lol: :lol: ).

Hopefully within 3 years this will be completed, then we can look for investors as he will be able to sell them the whole package!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I did think that, but that has no end date in sight and I feel from his perspective this has been his biggest regret (apart from hiring Robbie :lol: :lol: ).

Hopefully within 3 years this will be completed, then we can look for investors as he will be able to sell them the whole package!

Someone mentioned it elsewhere, but perhaps for the training ground the big bang approach may have been wrong and he should have done it in stages. I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:43 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

What do you base that on?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:54 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I also feel there is still an option to use the Bowl + Furzton that might be cheaper (although no hotel).

What do you base that on?

Various factors. The alternative solution for the Bowl didn't materialise and even the crazy golf idea at Furzton seems to have gone quiet, the main Bowl is there to be used, there is a building that never seems to be used that might be utilitised, there is already one pitch at Furzton and there is another laid out. Plus the cycling & market folk might be amenable plus there is room for other business developments.