THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:53 am 

We’re still a work in progress outfit, MW has done really well with a squad he inherited, he’s starting to add his type of players to play his system.

We’ve not hit the heights yet, but we are getting results with the odd loss here and there, it will come together at some point, but losing at Barrow in my eyes is no big deal, we were in the game up to the final whistle against a team with a very good home record.

As others have said we were in a perilous position when MW took charge, looking anything but a play off team, yet look where we are now

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:59 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Not arsed we lost per se, tough team away from home who played well.. but it wasn't a good performance, if you can't call a spade a spade what's the point?

Doesn't mean we need a meltdown or overreaction but reacting to a poor performance is fair especially in defeat. Of we'd gone for the draw after 60 mins I'd have been content if we'd got one

To be honest we havent been playing all that well for a good few weeks now, I dont think we were much, if any worse than some of the other recent performances. We stunk the joint out against Gillingham, were ok against AFC but it wasnt a great performance, were quite poor at Tranmere, average against Morecambe and dogshit against Doncaster. This particular performance was not a lot different for me.

Dont get me wrong, we are miles better than under GA but the bar was low, we are doing ok but not playing particularly well.

I agree. I can see the direction of travel and the League position speaks for itself. Difference between this and GA was I couldn't, and by the time he left we were in the mud.

I can tolerate a few bad weeks performance wise with the togetherness evident and the style implemented when we are where we are in the table and looking like it's getting there, over the previous guy

I think we are getting close to being a decent side. Im not sure quite what it is missing at the moment, whether its just time, or a player, a performance or even a line up thing but we are not a good side at the moment, on the flip side I feel we are not far away from that changing if MW can just find the missing bit of magic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:41 pm 

Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
We’d have gone above them if we won…

If only we had told them that, they might have obliged!! How very rude of them to not realise that.

You sound about 12 with comments like that.

I was making a point that it’s not getting ideas above our stations. There’s nothing wrong with wanting us to do well and win big games, I don’t expect it but it’s not like they are 20 points above us. Barrow have also been in fairly poor form. So I don’t see how that makes me seem 12. Makes it seem like you don’t know how to contextualise a very valid point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:53 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

If only we had told them that, they might have obliged!! How very rude of them to not realise that.

I was making a point that it’s not getting ideas above our stations. There’s nothing wrong with wanting us to do well and win big games, I don’t expect it but it’s not like they are 20 points above us. Barrow have also been in fairly poor form. So I don’t see how that makes me seem 12. Makes it seem like you don’t know how to contextualise a very valid point.

Contextualise a valid point? what on earth are you talking about? The very nature of how close we are in the table demonstrates the context of the match and as such how close we could have been expected the result to have been. At best, at very best it was a 50/50 match as our own form hasnt been great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:49 pm 

I remain quite positive. We bounce back well from defeats under this manager. We also win a lot of games and rarely draw games we dominate which is a good sign and has meant we have piled on the points since the manager took over.

I guess at the heart of us all there is just a niggling concern, a small voice whispering doubt. We have a really good manager but my doubt is - is he just the wrong side of being stubbornly ideological ? The keeper is the best example, but when he talks about us being more patient, Payne and others needing to stand still more. That little voice of doubt pops up again. Is he trying to be a bit too clever with all of this and will it cost us? I know it’s a mile better than the wretched Graham Alexander , and I am 95 percent sold on MW: I am just not 100 percent there yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:47 pm 

Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Contextualise a valid point? what on earth are you talking about? The very nature of how close we are in the table demonstrates the context of the match and as such how close we could have been expected the result to have been. At best, at very best it was a 50/50 match as our own form hasnt been great.

Dearie me there's some negative vibes on here ce soir. But that remark did put me in mind of that bit in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy....

Ford jumps in to finish Arthur’s statement that Prostetnic’s verse has “interesting rhythmic devices” that “counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor.” When Ford can’t think up what this underlying metaphor actually is, Arthur posits that the metaphor is one about the “humanity”—or “Vogonity”—of “the poet’s compassionate soul.” Having established this, Arthur forges on to say that this “compassion” “contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into…into…er…” At this point, Ford swoops in, declaring, “Into whatever it was the poem was about!”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:49 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Dearie me there's some negative vibes on here ce soir. But that remark did put me in mind of that bit in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy....

Ford jumps in to finish Arthur’s statement that Prostetnic’s verse has “interesting rhythmic devices” that “counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor.” When Ford can’t think up what this underlying metaphor actually is, Arthur posits that the metaphor is one about the “humanity”—or “Vogonity”—of “the poet’s compassionate soul.” Having established this, Arthur forges on to say that this “compassion” “contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into…into…er…” At this point, Ford swoops in, declaring, “Into whatever it was the poem was about!”

Sorry WTF are you going on about.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:57 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Ford and Arthur are trying to stop the Vogon Captain throwing them out of an airlock by pretending they like his poetry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:03 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Magpie wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Ford and Arthur are trying to stop the Vogon Captain throwing them out of an airlock by pretending they like his poetry.

"Proceed", I said. "You interest me strangely, old bird.' :geek:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:05 pm 

I was making a point that it’s not getting ideas above our stations. There’s nothing wrong with wanting us to do well and win big games, I don’t expect it but it’s not like they are 20 points above us. Barrow have also been in fairly poor form. So I don’t see how that makes me seem 12. Makes it seem like you don’t know how to contextualise a very valid point.[/quote]

Contextualise a valid point? what on earth are you talking about? The very nature of how close we are in the table demonstrates the context of the match and as such how close we could have been expected the result to have been. At best, at very best it was a 50/50 match as our own form hasnt been great.[/quote]

Ford jumps in to finish Arthur’s statement that Prostetnic’s verse has “interesting rhythmic devices” that “counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor.” When Ford can’t think up what this underlying metaphor actually is, Arthur posits that the metaphor is one about the “humanity”—or “Vogonity”—of “the poet’s compassionate soul.” Having established this, Arthur forges on to say that this “compassion” “contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into…into…er…” At this point, Ford swoops in, declaring, “Into whatever it was the poem was about!”[/quote]
Sorry WTF are you going on about.[/quote]

Ford and Arthur are trying to stop the Vogon Captain throwing them out of an airlock by pretending they like his poetry.[/quote]

Quote:
Proceed", I said. "You interest me strangely, old bird.'
"

I don't think we need to know of your 'adventures' in Netherfield on a Saturday night. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next