THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:49 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Not a great watch and Barrow really do look to play a sort of anti-footnall

The lake/sea behind the ground looks nice though

This. Bet the Carpetworld theme park at the other end of the ground is well worth a visit too!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:09 pm 

Okay so having fled the land flowing with milk and honey that is Milton Keynes and emigrated to the sunny uplands of Dumfries & Galloway this is one of the few places I can get to watch the Dons that doesn’t involve too much of a trek.
I have to say that most of the comments I’ve read just now have been surprisingly negative and don’t reflect the game as I saw it.
This time last year I was saying to anybody who cared to listen that with the bunch of players available we were doomed. After seeing the boys first at Morecambe and now yesterday that is certainly not the case this time around.
Bate and Payne were excellent (Bate is some player) and I thought Kemp did okay.
On the down side Harvie appeared extremely uncomfortable playing on the rhs and looked positively relieved when he was subbed. Gilbey is a decent player but unlike Kemp is out of place playing off the shoulder of the main striker(or as has happened in previous games shoved out to right midfield ) and Williams struggled for pace in an already none too sprightly back three.
The pitch was shocking and Barrow (one home defeat all season) are a well organised side who grind teams down. A draw would have been a decent result.
So at the risk of being labelled a happy clapper “Don’t get to downhearted” is my take on things. As someone else has already said Dean is probably the one player we can’t afford to lose but that said if we’re not there or thereabouts come May I’ll be amazed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:21 am 

Ive been quite bemused by some of the reaction to this defeat both on here and social media. A genuine rival with us and a couple of others for the playoff spaces and at a push the autos, away from home on a difficult pitch with our lead striker missing. We lose 1-0 in a match where neither team played particularly well, with a golden chance missed and a couple of half chances not taken.

We need to remember where we were just 3 months ago, how dire we were and how perilous our position was starting to look. To even be in the position we are now seemed so unlikely, so to panic over a single result in a more or less 50/50 game is just bizarre!

We do perhaps need to look at how we approach away games as our away form is none to special and perhaps some of the line ups are a bit odd (Harvie/Tomlinson on saturday in particular) and we also need to either play Gilbey or Kemp but not both in my opinion as Gilbey is wasted on the left.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:29 am 

Didn’t go and haven’t seen the playback yet but, in a week which saw Max injured, the two posts above have cheered me up a little.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:14 am 

Not arsed we lost per se, tough team away from home who played well.. but it wasn't a good performance, if you can't call a spade a spade what's the point?

Doesn't mean we need a meltdown or overreaction but reacting to a poor performance is fair especially in defeat. Of we'd gone for the draw after 60 mins I'd have been content if we'd got one

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:31 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Not arsed we lost per se, tough team away from home who played well.. but it wasn't a good performance, if you can't call a spade a spade what's the point?

Doesn't mean we need a meltdown or overreaction but reacting to a poor performance is fair especially in defeat. Of we'd gone for the draw after 60 mins I'd have been content if we'd got one

To be honest we havent been playing all that well for a good few weeks now, I dont think we were much, if any worse than some of the other recent performances. We stunk the joint out against Gillingham, were ok against AFC but it wasnt a great performance, were quite poor at Tranmere, average against Morecambe and dogshit against Doncaster. This particular performance was not a lot different for me.

Dont get me wrong, we are miles better than under GA but the bar was low, we are doing ok but not playing particularly well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:05 am 

We lost 1-0 to a team 3rd in the league. Fuck my arse with a banjo why are some surprised? Barrow are a very good outfit and again this sounds like some are getting ideas above our station. We are not a good team. We are OK, but nothing special. We conceded a goal to a man who is very good at this level as well with a finish that we would wank over all day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:19 am 

We’d have gone above them if we won…

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:22 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
We’d have gone above them if we won…

If only we had told them that, they might have obliged!! How very rude of them to not realise that.

You sound about 12 with comments like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:38 am 

Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

To be honest we havent been playing all that well for a good few weeks now, I dont think we were much, if any worse than some of the other recent performances. We stunk the joint out against Gillingham, were ok against AFC but it wasnt a great performance, were quite poor at Tranmere, average against Morecambe and dogshit against Doncaster. This particular performance was not a lot different for me.

Dont get me wrong, we are miles better than under GA but the bar was low, we are doing ok but not playing particularly well.

I agree. I can see the direction of travel and the League position speaks for itself. Difference between this and GA was I couldn't, and by the time he left we were in the mud.

I can tolerate a few bad weeks performance wise with the togetherness evident and the style implemented when we are where we are in the table and looking like it's getting there, over the previous guy

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next