THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why oh why
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:44 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Did we change the keeper, obviously don't want promotion, looks so poor on any ball in the box, league Two next season I fear.

Did you miss the bit when Craig asked to leave them refused to play to force the move?

The bit when he asked to leave AFTER he was told he was surplus to requirements and we were bringing a new keeper in?

Do we have confirmation of this? Or it’s is just the assumption?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:09 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Did we change the keeper, obviously don't want promotion, looks so poor on any ball in the box, league Two next season I fear.

Did you miss the bit when Craig asked to leave them refused to play to force the move?

The bit when he asked to leave AFTER he was told he was surplus to requirements and we were bringing a new keeper in?

He played Doncaster. On NYD. If he was adamant he wanted to leave I would have though he would have went on strike then. The window was open that day as you well know. He got told he was going to be benched for such a frivolous reason as he can't pass it out is just the tipping point for me. He was told Tranmere was going to be his last start and he though fuck that. Yes I don't know 100% but join the dots. There was no knowledge anywhere that Stevenage were interested as far as I know prior to the marschall announcement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:13 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

He played Doncaster. On NYD. If he was adamant he wanted to leave I would have though he would have went on strike then. The window was open that day as you well know. He got told he was going to be benched for such a frivolous reason as he can't pass it out is just the tipping point for me. He was told Tranmere was going to be his last start and he though fuck that. Yes I don't know 100% but join the dots. There was no knowledge anywhere that Stevenage were interested as far as I know prior to the marschall announcement.

A keeper benched because he can’t pass isn’t frivolous.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:15 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

A keeper benched because he can’t pass isn’t frivolous.

Ok it's a fucking shit reason. I'm hungover. That my excuse and I am sticking to it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:15 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Er no, he knew the club didn't want him, I'm sure you'd react like that

The club got the new keeper in the week of Tranmere - which is why Craig moved on. He didn’t feel wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:37 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Er no, he knew the club didn't want him, I'm sure you'd react like that

The club got the new keeper in the week of Tranmere - which is why Craig moved on. He didn’t feel wanted.

No wonder Mac didn’t feel wanted, we’ve replaced him, an experienced decent league two keeper, with a tall child who unfortunately has a security blanket on the goal line, which he refuses to leave.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:08 pm 

Gers wrote:
Let's get Wes Foderingham in. He's good.

Fotherington - f*cking - Thomas would be an improvement ;) ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:15 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

We changed the keeper because McGilvray doesn't suit the way Williamson wants to play. That's incredibly obvious and was obvious when watching him try and play out from the back.

The problem is not that we changed the keeper. The problem is who we replaced him with.

The problem is we changed the keeper, who cares about not being able to play the way Williamson wants, it's league 2 football ffs, get a grip, Craig was decent enough in all aspects of the art of goalkeeping in league 2!

We've brought in a manager to play a certain way, so we're obviously going to try and get the best players to suit that style. When we replaced Nicholls with Fisher under Russ or when Jamie Cumming arrived under Manning there weren't complaints like this. You know why? Because they put in performances that proved they improved the team.

If we'd have brought in a keeper that was a capable with his hands as MacGilivray AND also good with their feet, we'd not be saying we'd made the wrong decision. The problem is we've got somebody who currently seems to struggle at both.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:19 pm 

Whilst Marshall's frailties are a concern I'm more concerned about the complete lack of chances created

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:23 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Whilst Marshall's frailties are a concern I'm more concerned about the complete lack of chances created

Agree, especially away from home. Our away form has been pretty underwhelming. We're 4th in the table if you only look at home games. Whereas if you look at away games we're 10th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next