THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why oh why
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:49 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Did we change the keeper, obviously don't want promotion, looks so poor on any ball in the box, league Two next season I fear.

Did you miss the bit when Craig asked to leave them refused to play to force the move?

The bit when he asked to leave AFTER he was told he was surplus to requirements and we were bringing a new keeper in?

This in spades. A lot of people here who hated Mcg can fornicate an iron rod for all I care. Grass is not greener. Man kept a clean sheet today more than we ever do. If he's good enough for a league 1 promotion chasing team then why wasn't he good enough for a league 2 promotion chasing team? Williamson has his boys club and that is all it was.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:51 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
I don’t want to keep criticising him because he made a couple of good saves but what on earth is he doing at corners? At one point, all he needed to do was catch it and it slipped right through his fingers. Another time, he didn’t even attempt to catch it even though the ball was right next to him.

Not even an exaggeration this. Go to a building site, choose a random builder and I can guarantee you he is better at catching a football than Marschall. Honestly never seen a keeper so bad in that department

Its like watching one of those moments where an outfield player has to go in goal - except its all game, not just the last 5 minutes.

Perhaps he would be better as our new striker. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:59 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Did we change the keeper, obviously don't want promotion, looks so poor on any ball in the box, league Two next season I fear.

We changed the keeper because McGilvray doesn't suit the way Williamson wants to play. That's incredibly obvious and was obvious when watching him try and play out from the back.

The problem is not that we changed the keeper. The problem is who we replaced him with.

The problem is we changed the keeper, who cares about not being able to play the way Williamson wants, it's league 2 football ffs, get a grip, Craig was decent enough in all aspects of the art of goalkeeping in league 2!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:00 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Did we loan Mo out knowing max was injured

100% yes apparently, clueless fc.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:01 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Did you miss the bit when Craig asked to leave them refused to play to force the move?

Er no, he knew the club didn't want him, I'm sure you'd react like that

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:03 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
I don’t want to keep criticising him because he made a couple of good saves but what on earth is he doing at corners? At one point, all he needed to do was catch it and it slipped right through his fingers. Another time, he didn’t even attempt to catch it even though the ball was right next to him.

Not even an exaggeration this. Go to a building site, choose a random builder and I can guarantee you he is better at catching a football than Marschall. Honestly never seen a keeper so bad in that department

Its like watching one of those moments where an outfield player has to go in goal - except its all game, not just the last 5 minutes.

Ah; some of us nostalgically remember Aaron Wilbraham in goal back at the NHS.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:06 pm 

For whatever reasons Mac has gone, all I know for certain is we have been left with an inferior keeper, one who might be better with the ball at his feet, but seriously lacking in commanding his area, catching a ball, or ever leaving his line

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:06 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Did we loan Mo out knowing max was injured

100% yes apparently, clueless fc.

I’ve also confirmed that on the previous page.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:14 pm 

Let's get Wes Foderingham in. He's good.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:18 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

No! No, I won't have that! There's a chap in Eastbourne...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next