THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Why oh why
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:47 pm 

Fallen asleep in front of the telly. Woke up to this WhatsApp message from someone I used to work with...

'Hi J, how's everything going? That Mac gillivary is doing well for us'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:11 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Did we change the keeper, obviously don't want promotion, looks so poor on any ball in the box, league Two next season I fear.

We changed the keeper because McGilvray doesn't suit the way Williamson wants to play. That's incredibly obvious and was obvious when watching him try and play out from the back.

The problem is not that we changed the keeper. The problem is who we replaced him with.

The problem is we changed the keeper, who cares about not being able to play the way Williamson wants, it's league 2 football ffs, get a grip, Craig was decent enough in all aspects of the art of goalkeeping in league 2!

We've brought in a manager to play a certain way, so we're obviously going to try and get the best players to suit that style. When we replaced Nicholls with Fisher under Russ or when Jamie Cumming arrived under Manning there weren't complaints like this. You know why? Because they put in performances that proved they improved the team.

If we'd have brought in a keeper that was a capable with his hands as MacGilivray AND also good with their feet, we'd not be saying we'd made the wrong decision. The problem is we've got somebody who currently seems to struggle at both.

Its water under the bridge now - but I never felt Fisher improved the team compared to Nicholls.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:04 am 

I've not been impressed so far, at all. Any of the saves he's made have been saves I'd expect him to make.
Any of the passing, which has improved the past two games is what I'm expecting because that's what he was brought in for.
His de vision making on corners is pretty mind bleongly awful. No authority and no "fuck off out my way I'm coming through" kind of presence. There was a moment today we should've conceded because he watched a ball come over his head and never came, then it went back across goal to where he was stood a moment before and it was gaping.

He needs to improve and he needs to improve fucking fast

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:00 am 

I've started calling him Dracula as he is s**t scared of crosses :lol: