THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:38 pm 

Plum wrote:
Magpie wrote:
The thing is, the whole style is not for me but it is the type of style my 16 and 18 year old would rather watch. The Vox Pop nature of it is conversant with the snapchat/insta style that the teenagers like.

Thats who its aimed at.

100% this.
And, sadly, it could describe pretty much everything these days. Almost everything is being aimed at the groups who like that kind of short concentration, zany, amateurish type tone. So mostly kids, or adults with the tastes and concentration levels of kids. Meaning even things that weren't originally that way are being 'dumbed down' to appeal to that market.
Little of it appeals to me. :(

It doesn’t appeal to me so it and everything else aimed at younger people is amateurish and dumb is an interesting take on things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:44 pm 

I'll say this, then I'll say fuck all else on the subject. Ask anyone that knows me whether I genuinely give a fuck about anything. Anything at all. They'll all tell you that on most things, absolutely no fucks are given by me. Sorry, but that's how it is.

If it's a game of one upman-ship... I'm registered disabled. Beat that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:55 pm 

Gers wrote:
I'll say this, then I'll say fuck all else on the subject. Ask anyone that knows me whether I genuinely give a fuck about anything. Anything at all. They'll all tell you that on most things, absolutely no fucks are given by me. Sorry, but that's how it is.

Whilst I believe you wholeheartedly about how much you care, criticising the content, style, knowledge or quality of his report is one thing, linking it to his appearance, which has absolutely nothing to do with any of the other things mentioned is quite another and grossly unwarranted.

I would have imagined anyone could understand that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:01 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Gers wrote:

Whilst I believe you wholeheartedly about how much you care, criticising the content, style, knowledge or quality of his report is one thing, linking it to his appearance, which has absolutely nothing to do with any of the other things mentioned is quite another and grossly unwarranted.

I would have imagined anyone could understand that.

Let me clarify my position further before I fuck off.

I couldn't care less about a fucking YouTube idiot. I don't care if he's going around saying that we're the greatest thing since sliced bread. I didn't watch it. Gave it three minutes, during which he referenced his skin himself, in a quiet self deprecating manor. Good for him. At least he has a sense of humour about himself. Something a fair few on here could do with emulating.

The I don't care thing is real. I once had to do an anger management course because I used to be permanently fucking angry. There is no magic answer, but I was told on the first session this one thing, and it's stuck with me ever since. If you get angry and upset about something will your anger and upsetness change the outcome? No. So why get upset about anything. It's not going to change the outcome. I had my half my foot amputated last summer. It's a fucking nuisance, but what can I do about it? Fuck all.

So in a nutshell, my philosophy in life is this. I genuinely don't fucking care. Life has a way of just ambling along, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Right. I'm going to walk the dog, which given that I only have one and a half feet is a right old laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:22 pm 

Thats fine, I understand. Does mentioning his skin stop you feeling any of those things or make you feel any better or worse about any of those things?

Because if not, whats the point?

Im sure he has developed a defence mechanism of self deprecating because what other choice does he have? He cant change his skin, so thats out, he can give up but why should he, or he can stay off the camera, but again why should he?

Hes just a young lad, putting his stuff out there, bothering to actually go to games to report and trying to do something he loves, maybe for a full time living, who knows. A person may think the whole thing is garbage but so what, he is still doing what he loves and there are very very very few of us that can say that.

I dont know him, the output isnt for me but it also isnt aimed at me but give him a break, hes out there trying his best just like the rest of us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:30 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Plum wrote:
Magpie wrote:
The thing is, the whole style is not for me but it is the type of style my 16 and 18 year old would rather watch. The Vox Pop nature of it is conversant with the snapchat/insta style that the teenagers like.

Thats who its aimed at.

100% this.
And, sadly, it could describe pretty much everything these days. Almost everything is being aimed at the groups who like that kind of short concentration, zany, amateurish type tone. So mostly kids, or adults with the tastes and concentration levels of kids. Meaning even things that weren't originally that way are being 'dumbed down' to appeal to that market.
Little of it appeals to me. :(

It doesn’t appeal to me so it and everything else aimed at younger people is amateurish and dumb is an interesting take on things.

It's a personal take. Based on preference and opinion. And based on the regular statements of so many things that they are looking to appeal to a young, modern audience, etc.

Therefore, when I see plenty of these things I'm referring to, often changed to be shorter and louder, and feel they come across loud, zany, amateurish, etc, then I say so and bemoan that they've been dumbed down to appeal to the demographics that they openly state they're aiming it at.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:39 pm 

I don't know how many ways I can say the same thing. I am unable to feel any sympathy towards someone I don't know. To be honest, I struggle with folk I do know. I don't know him, and to be honest I couldn't care less whether he came here or not. As I've already said multiple times on this thread. I didn't watch beyond three minutes. It may well be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and judging by some on here it obviously is. We can only hope he makes another one so that everyone can say how fucking brilliant he is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:18 pm 

That anger management course doesn't look particularly effective right now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:29 pm 

There's an awful lot of comments on here from people who claim they don't care :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
There's an awful lot of comments on here from people who claim they don't care :shock:

Can I just say that I don't care about that remark?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next